Prologue

☆A/N : This chapter contains blood, violence, and death.☆

—--------

♥︎Key♥︎

♥︎ O/Y/N = Original Y/N. Basically the human you replace in the book.

♥︎M/W = Melee weapon.

—--------

I marched down the hallway, music playing softly behind me faded into silence as I stepped towards the bedroom at the end. My lips twisted into an inhuman smile, covering most of my face.

I was glad I could finally have this opportunity.

I kept going, the lights dimming around me as I made my way to their door. My claws wrapped around the weapon I brought with me, a M/W I found near the apartment complex. Their blood dripped from the weapon, dotting the floor as I got closer and closer to their hiding spot.

As I got right up to the door, the muffled sounds of terror drawing me in like a lure, I felt myself stop. my hand grazed over the wooden surface before softly clenching into a fist. I heard their cries stifle as I knocked 3 times, the room going nearly silent.

I felt my power grow as their fear increased, causing me to only smile wider.

"Ò̵͎̼͈̻̍/̸͎̩̀Ẏ̵̱̭̬/̸͖́͆͊͂N̷̰̈́̇̊~" I called out, voice distorted, "O/Y/N, I know you're in there. Why don't we just give up?"

"L-Leave me alone!" They shouted from behind the door, their voice cracking in tears.

"We both know I can't do that, O/Y/N." I gripped the doorknob, trying to open the door to no avail, "W̸̩̕è̷̹ ̸̱̍b̸̡̚o̵͈͑t̶̯̿h̷̺͘ ̴̳̒k̴̮̐n̷̯̑o̴̠͊w̴̝̋ ̸͉̉ẃ̸̳h̸̺̿a̴͉̍ț̷̎ ̵̨̕h̷͇̏a̶̢̿ș̵̀ ̶̖̔ẗ̴̠́o̸͉͒ ̴͍̐h̸͈͆ä̵̹́p̵̭̍p̸̡̎e̸̲͆n̶͇̏ ̶̏͜n̷̞̈́ẻ̵͙x̷̤̑t̷͉͐."

I heard them fumble for the phone, pulling it off of their bedside table. They frantically dialed a number, the sounds of the phone buttons clicking echoed through the almost still, suffocating silence.

They wanted help.

I felt a strange impulse flood my head, causing my expression to drop. I knew that calling for help was useless, everyone, both human and alternate, knew that.

And yet, here they were.

My smile appeared once more as I heard their terrified voice, reminding me what I came here for.

"911 what's your emergency?"

"Oh my God- Please send someone!" They shouted.

"Mx, what's going on?" The woman began, "Are you injured?"

"Not- Not yet-"

"What do you mean 'Not yet'? Are you in danger?" The operator asked calmly.

"I-I am-" they stammered, "Please just send someone! Please I- I can't die like this- Don't let me die!"

"Hold on-" the operator murmured, "Tell me what's going on?"

The air thickened with fear as I knocked again, the sound echoing through the room. O/Y/N went silent again, terror in the small breaths they took as they tried to compose themself.

I took a step back from the door, readying my weapon, and myself for what I was about to do.

"There's an- an alternate in my home," They muttered, voice cracking with fear, "It's not- It's not normal."

The line went silent, the operator breaking the silence after a few seconds, "Can you... elaborate?"

"It wants to kill me!" They shouted, "It wants to kill me itself! They- They don't do that!" They took in a terrified, shaky breath "Please I- I need-"

I rushed the door, throwing myself into it with all my weight. I used the weapon to break down parts of it as I continued, tearing it asunder.

"Help me-" they quickly whispered, "Please-"

"Don't worry-" the operator assured, "Help is on the way, I promise."

I threw myself at the door one last time, the remains of the gate separating me and O/Y/N falling to the ground with a crackle. I pulled myself up, eyes scanning the room.

That's when I saw them.

They sat in the corner, curled up into a small ball, holding the phone tightly in their hand. They shook, nearly petrified at the sight of me. Tears rolled down their face as they began to understand what was about to happen.

It was too late for them.

I felt a grin smear itself across my face as I took steps inside, quickening as I got closer and closer to them.

Their screams rang through my head as I attacked them, their words echoing in the void, unheard by so many. Their begging didn't go too far,

And as their life pooled out of their body, I felt myself get lost in my head,

And

It

All

Faded

Away.