Chapter One, A Fresh Start

☆A/N : This chapter contains blood, a dead body, and vague mention of decay☆

—--------

♥︎Key♥︎

♥︎F/C = Favorite Color

♥︎C/N = County name

—--------

I laid on my bed, my arms dangling off the sides as I stared into the ceiling, my mind reeling from last night. I smiled, the memories of what I did rushing through my mind.

I didn't want to forget.

The thoughts continued to tumble through my head, ones of bliss, of joy. It was all so beautiful.

I did well for my first attempt.

I turned my head, looking at the window beside me, light shining in from between the blinds. I sighed, staring at the morning sun as it continued to rise.

I didn't want to move, wanting to stay there forever.

My eyes remained fixated on the sun as it slowly rose, climbing higher and higher into the sky. As it soon disappeared out of view, I began to pull myself together. My thoughts soon became clearer and clearer as I sat up, the bed creaking and shifting under my own weight.

I stared at the floor, the carpet stained with blood from the struggle the night before. I re-took my last human form, O/Y/N.

I turned my head to the left, their body laying limp against the wall. Dried blood pooled out from its wounds, all color drained from its face. I watched as flies began to land on the body, buzzing around rhythmically.

I felt a sigh slip out of my mouth as I stood up, although a little awkwardly. I walked over to the closet, opening the door slightly. I looked inside, my eyes grazing all of the colorful clothing O/Y/N had lying around. I soon reached out, grabbing a F/C hoodie and some sweatpants. I folded the clothes in my arms, leaving the room silently.

I stepped out into the hallway, the off-white walls tinted with blood. Pictures hung all across the hallway, most of them being family photos of O/Y/N. I couldn't help but stop and stare, analyzing each picture.

Afterwards, I looked around, searching for the bathroom. I needed to get all this blood off of me.

I opened one of the doors in the hallway, looking inside the vacant room. It was dark, a desk sitting at the back end of the room. I looked away, turning to the door behind me.

I opened it, going inside. It was much darker than the last one, no window in sight. I reached to my right, flicking a light switch beside me.

The lights turned on, illuminating the bathroom.

I went up to the shower, setting my clothes down on the toilet seat. I turned the knobs inside the shower, letting it heat up as I took my current clothes off.

I soon turned back to it, stepping inside the now warm shower.

I felt my body begin to relax a bit, the water being strangely soothing. I closed my eyes, enjoying the feeling. I felt my cold blood run through me, pushing against the warmth outside. I opened my eyes again, staring at the wall.

I reached up, running my hands through my soft hair. Clotted blood pieces fell out, melting in the heat of the water. I continued, cleaning myself like how humans do.

I smiled to myself again, finishing up quickly.

I got out, water still dripping off of me as the heat in the room continued. I grabbed one of the towels, drying myself off before putting on my new clothes.