Chapter four, The House

☆A/N : This chapter contains blood, extreme decay, suicide/murder implications, a dead body and cursing☆

We drove for hours, miles going by as we avoided the main highways. Ice on the road was slick, threatening to knock the car off the road every turn we took. Adam kept the car steady while I leant back in my seat, eyes staring out onto the snow, sunlight bouncing off of it softly in patches.

As we got closer and closer to the home, I could almost taste my sweet victory,

My new faces,

My new victims.

My perfect ending-

The car sputtered, slowing down and stopping in the middle of the road. Adam revved it a few times, trying desperately to bring it back to life, brows furrowed in annoyance. He then hit the dashboard, looking away.

"Fuck-" he cussed under his breath, "piece of shit..."

"What..?" Jonah looked over,

"Somethings wrong with the engine...''Adam growled.

"Do we need to..." jonah's voice trailed off,

"...Yeah... I think..." he looked at him, "Let's get this over with quick. Y/N, you stay in the car, alright? You don't need to worry about it." He looked at me.

"Oh, ok..." I looked away, leaving him be.

Jonah hopped out of the car as Adam managed to get it to start, the engine making a horrific grinding sound. He rolled down the window, looking out behind us. I looked through the back windows, Jonah trying to lead us to the side of the road.

"Okay," Jonah began, "Back it up, back it up... you got it?" He kinda yelled.

"Yeah, I got it." Adam responded, a little annoyed as he moved the car to a more suitable location.

"You sure you got it?"

"Yeah, just open the trunk."

"Now are you really sure you got it? 'Cuz I can-"

"Just open the damn trunk, Jonah!" Adam raised his voice.

Jonah grunted slightly, the trunk coming open with a small click, "Hm. Guess you do got it."

"Such a dickwad..." Adam pinched the bridge of his nose, keeping his voice low.

Jonah chuckled to himself, looking through the trunk. I rolled my eyes, a smile forming on my face mindlessly. Adam got up, leaving the car and joining him. I watched the two through the windows, overhearing their conversation.

Adam walked over, "You think we got anything we actually needed?"

"Well, not like we can do anything about it now..." Jonah sighed slightly.

I stared at them blankly. Adam sat something down on the roof of the car. As he went back to checking the trunk, I felt myself instinctively get up, opening the door and getting outside the car with them.

I watched, leaning against the car. The bright snow burnt my eyes, but I ignored it.

This was too interesting.

Adam walked past me, opening the driver's side door and trying to start the car a few times, the car stalling over and over again, no end in sight.

"Shit..." he muttered, looking past me to Jonah, "You got anything left?"

"Uh.... No...?"

"You used everything already?" Adam glared, anger in his words.

He tried to start the car again,