Chapter 57

"date night"

Andrew's POV

Andrew's POV

"Why has everyone gathered around?" I asked as walked up beside Nathan who turned to me.

"The results of the boy draft they did."  He replied

"The boy what now?"

"You know, when the cheerleaders had a little fantasy boy draft, and now we see who got who." He explained.

Either I wasn't even a choice or I just didn't pay attention. Probably the second option.

"Hey, are you okay with this?" Haley spoke to Nate as she walked up to him.

And me being a good friend took it as a signal to leave the lovebirds alone. Right when I was about to leave the area, a voice came up right beside me.

"Don't you want to hear who picked you?" Rachel asked as she skipped in front of me.

I looked down at her and answered, "No." Right when I walked around her, she continued following me.

"Not even a little?"

"Nope,"  I repeat my reply from just a minute ago.

"Come on that has to be a lie."

Okay, maybe it was a lie to say that I didn't have an ounce of curiosity, but I'm planning for this year to be about basketball and I do not want to deal with the whole relationship thing again.

Not because of anything specific. Just... better to focus on yourself.

I groaned as she kept blocking me from walking into my class. "Move, Rach."

"No, not until you want to know who drafted you." She replied making me roll my eyes before looking at her which gained a smile from her.

I let out a sigh before speaking, "You."

"Correct, kinda thought you weren't gonna figure it out." She said, which followed up with me giving her a blank stare. "Anyways, we have to go on this date tonight and you don't even have to worry about anything."

"I don't think I-"

"No is not an answer." She interrupted before adjusting her bag. "I'll meet you later."

A small smile crept on my lips as she walked until I shook it off and headed to my next class.

~

"You're paying right?" I closed the front door to my house as I walked beside Rachel.

Rachel looked at me with a 'really' expression until she spoke, "You know that is the second time you've asked that." She pointed out, "And here I thought that you were a romantic one."