Chapter 4: Touching down

**STILL LEANDER'S POV

Leander was up and on a plane before the sun rose. He triple-checked the medical supplies, packed away his luggage, and was in his seat just as Sparrow arrived with a dozen of the orange class. Their packs slung over their shoulders, cases in hand for the swords. The Orange class were protectors, warriors in wartime, trained in many forms of fighting though if their souls were shown, you'd only find peace, calm, a sereneness unmatched by others.

Sparrow took the seat in front of him after tying up his own luggage, watching everyone else file in, "Ready to see the other side of the world?" He waved slightly to those that came in, overseeing the packing of items.

"I've been rereading the letters, and messages that came through. We should be prepared for ill reactions, whether respiratory, cardiac, or sensory. From what I gather the atmosphere itself shouldn't be a change, something like that would've been noticed forever ago. So as long as we're careful in our interaction with plants, foods, and the like, we should be fine."

"Yeah, I left a lot of the correspondence with Cove, but I've gotten the important things down. Most of Cove's job was deciding what about us we tell them, giving them the rundown. Of course, he didn't know about the raid or any sensitive information."

"What are you going to do without him?" Leander shook his head, hands settling in his lap, a few papers crumpling between his fingers. They both buckled in as the air craft began whirling beneath them.

"He's not leaving. He won't until he believes me, and his brother are okay, and considering what I just shared with him, he's leaving anytime soon." Sparrow Claimed although a bit grudgingly, "I do feel sorry, keeping him here, there must be something else holding him back as well. We've talked and hasn't mentioned anything in so long."

"True," Leander remembered all the times Cove had talked about going out and exploring, but that changed when he lost his mother. From then on, he was always watching Sparrow or Thorne, helping them where he could. It's been five years though and Leander had to wonder how long Cove could push off his own happiness with that smile and offer of a helping hand. The boy took more from his mother than he should have.

"I've actually been thinking," Sparrow brushed a hand through his greying hair, "If Thorne doesn't make it through this test period, I want Cove to take over."

Leander furrowed his brow, "You know that's not what he wants. That would crush Thorne."

"Cove has been helping me with work for years, he knows the responsibility and duties that come with the job. If he's not leaving soon, he'll be grateful for the work. You've heard the things people say." It is true, 'the useless son' says others. "And it will only be until Thorne can take the position."

"You've lived in this kingdom most of your life. Why wouldn't you stay?" Leander questioned, after so long of fighting to regain the peaceful kingdom, he surprised at the prospect of leaving it.

Leander watched as Sparrow's eyes closed, "Don't get me wrong, it's my Kingdom, but I'd be leaving it in good hands," he sunk in his chair, letting out a deep breath, his voice softening, "For the past couple of months, I've been thinking of traveling, maybe find my second destined. If they're out there." Leander didn't know what to say. "I haven't told the boys yet, but she would understand. It's been so long, 5 centuries. I think it's time."

"Hundreds of years too long to be without someone that's made for you. But then why haven't you told them?"

"I was waiting for Thorne to get out of school, officially be an adult, and take over. I want to go find them, but I can't leave my kids, my people, with no one to take care of them. Then Thorne started acting out and I didn't want to put any more pressure on him."