Chapter 5: Medical

It was a relatively short drive until they pulled out of the trees. Leander first thought was that it was more of a village than a house. There were a few buildings that were the size of small hotels with 3 or 4 floors. Other small houses and buildings littered the area in paths formed sporadically between seemingly from wear and tear than any plan, common areas of open grass spread in between. and few cars parked next to the buildings on the rough gravel roads of the small streets.

They left the car and grabbed their luggage as Cas led them to one of the bigger buildings.

"This is for guests. All the rooms are free and have their own bathroom. The kitchen is stocked full of food, tell us if there's anything you're not used to or don't trust, there are a few cooks that can prepare something or that can be to discuss." Cas explained waving toward one of the mini-hotels, "You can head there for now some of my warriors will be over to brief you and you can train then. Otherwise, Leander if you and your fellow ... blues, want we can head to medical. We'll also send someone over to make sure everyone adjusted well to either the atmosphere or cuisine." Cas watched as a good portion dispersed leaving Leander Sparrow and two others, "You're free to explore, there's not really signs for where things are but ask around and you can find anything. I'll try to keep a lookout."

"Now," Caspian picked back up, "Medical and Administrative."

He led them down one of the paths, children running about, including Caspian's son who chased after the others, pausing as his eyes found and stuck to the elven visitors. "Blue, blue, blue!" He skidded to a stop in front of him, "Are you going to the med bay? I know where the med bay is. Can I take them, dad, please, please? Pa is looking for you."

Cas smiled as the boy ran circles around them, he hummed as he exchanged looks with the crew, "If you don't mind, we could save time if Sparrow wants to come with me. I wouldn't be much use in the Med Bay as it is anyway."

"I don't mind." Leander cocked his head, facing the pup, "Lead the way bud."

The pup took his arm and began to pull, "Yeah, Uncle Parker's there. He's an intern, he likes mediken."

Leander was tugged through an automatic door and into a room that smelled of cleanser. The room was mostly white though lighter shades of pink and blue were scattered about by the sun and the posters. The child continued to yell for his uncle as they wandered farther into the building. They passed a room of empty beds, a man in a chair getting his ankle wrapped, following a cart-laden hallway, every cart stocked with white sealed boxes of gauze, light medicine, and needles. They pushed through some doors before they were finally stopped.

"Klaus, how many times have I told you not to yell in the med bay?" A young man scolded, lifting the boy to his hip, "It's distracting and could cause the patients to feel antsy."

"Sorry." The pup played smart, pouting with wide grass eyes, "Blue has to work here, so I brought him."

The young man glanced away from the pup on his hip, "You're here for the raid, correct? Are you going active or emergency?"

The pup jumped up, waving his arms, "What raid?" He questioned. "I didn't know about the raid."

"Sorry buddy but you're not allowed on this one." Parker explained softly, patting the fluff of hair on the boy's head, "Now we need to continue working so how about you go on and play."

The pup glared at his uncle before running off.

"I hope he's not upset," Parker mumbled.

Leander huffed a laugh, remembering all the time's Cove and Thorne did the same thing. He couldn't say he knew children, but cognitively most children followed a standard behavioral pattern unless altered by their environment. Leander took the moment to get back on track. "I'll be active. Active." He wouldn't have to deal with the aftermath, more he'd have to be in the fight. He could feel his swords vibrate in his pack no matter if they were back at the house stored away in whatever room the warriors decided to give him.

"Seems we'll be working together." He smiled, setting down the pup, he glanced behind Leander, "Are all of you active?"

Leander shook his head, "No. James is with study and the other two- Ellis and Erin- are in recovery." The guys and girl behind him nodded, small packs adjusting on their shoulders out of habit as they looked around.

"Perfect." Parker's eyes blurred, their cornea swirling with the iris, before it stopped, "Perfect. So, a few people will be joining us they'll show you around the medical building and take James to meet the study group at the library. We moved them there so they're out of the way. Just in case. Does that sound all right?" Leander didn't comment on the repetition perfect.

Leander looked to James, who nodded. The kid's eyes were slightly blown out, he smiled at the nervousness as the sparks flashed around his shoulder, "You can have your familiar out, just keep in mind your audience. Not everyone knows we exist much less that we're here."

"Now," Parker faced Leander, "I don't think I got your name."

"Leander Blue."

"Perfect, you can follow me. We'll go to the loading zone check supplies, meet the two others that, and discuss strategy for tomorrow." Two people stepped by him, nodding at him and Leander before pulling the other elves away.

Leander sent one last smile James' way as the boy's magic shuddered, reaching out for his friends, "I'll see you for dinner." He waited a moment when they were out of sight before following Parker, "Should I call for our supplies to be brought over?"

Parker nodded, "That will be great. Later tonight we will be going over differences in biology again, just to make sure everyone's up to date and has accurate information."

"That'll be perfect." Leander's eyes wandered, as did his mind at the similar yet altered area of medicine. The vast knowledge that the wolves may hold that the elves knew nothing of, what another side of the world meant for disease, medicine, cure- disaster, and savior. It'd be a busy week.

Complete:? Edited:2-20-23 Published:10-16-23 Republished:2-21-23

Chapters 6 7 8 may take a moment longer due to rearrangement.