Confusing Confession

Fluff
(Unidentified Uniqueness AU!)

We sat in the bell tower, skipping class was quite the common occurrence for the two of us since we were at the top of our class. Him being first and me second.

There was no reason to stay if we knew what the curriculum was.

Recently it was unusual, the fast beating of my heart and weird flushing of his cheeks any time I was near Kontom. The twisting of his insides any whenever I was given a small glance.

To me I felt that it was the most unbearable feeling in the world.

"Kochi?" Kontom asked.

Kochiribi turned to him, his lips parted slightly in confusion. "Sorry, could you repeat what you were saying?" My cigarette ash had been falling onto my pants, not that it made a difference to me.

"I've been calling your name for a minute." Kontom said, his face contorting with worry.

"I'm fine-" I waved my hand yet Kontom rested a palm on my forehead.

Kochiribi's breath hitched, "W. .what are you doing?" Normally it would feel like a war crime if someone touched me without permission, but for him it was alright, I supposed.

"Checking if you have a fever silly, I know you don't like being touched especially by me." I'm not sure what possessed me to do so but I carefully wrapped my fingers around the wrist that was connected to the hand on my forehead and slowly slid it down to my cheek.

"Kochiribi?" Kontom said warily, hesitating for a moment, his eyes darting everywhere except my eyes.

It was always an inkling that I tried to avoid but I hoped it was still there.

"Kontom." I whispered.

He looked at me lovingly and smiled, "What are you doing?

"I don't know." I managed to muster.

"Are you sure you're okay? I wouldn't want you to stay here if you feel sick."

"Why do you think I'm sick?" I asked.

"Because you're acting different than usual. Actually, you've been acting off for a long time now." He trailed off, nervously smiling.

I furrowed my brow, frustration filled me. "I haven't, I'm still the same. Just the way I feel about you is different."

"Y-you- do you hate me? Did I do something wrong?" Kontom asked, his voice shaking.

"No! Oh my God, Kontom, I'm in love with you!" I shouted, holding his face tightly.

He stopped all movement, suddenly kissing me.

"I'm in love with you too. I'm so happy." He cried, pressing his forehead against mine.

"Jesus Kontom, I never expected you to get emotional." I said, pecking him on the cheek.

"Ever since I was a Tier Seven." The pads of his fingers were soft and his touch was gentle.

"Tier Seven, you mean. .since then you've. ." I flushed a pink.

"Yes, you cheeseball. I thought I'd never get the chance." He took the cigarette that was still in my hand and breathed in.

"God, that was so stressful I felt like I was gonna die." He blew the smoky air out above me.

"We can rest easier now, yeah?"

"Yea."

--

A/N ; I rewrote it but I'm not sure if I like it or not-