BEFORE

Noah

"God I love her" I say out loud watching Avery as she does her stretches.

"Don't get too distracted man, mr. I'm gonna fuck my girlfriend after practice" Liam taunts

"Shut up man, she isn't ready yet and I'm willing to wait as long as it takes her"

"Yeah whatever man" he says running off. I turn around and go back to practice.  Liam isn't wrong I definitely want too, I want to claim her as mine, but I will wait as long as it takes her... Because I love her more than anything... anyone. 

After practice I look for Avery but can't find her, I spot Ava and walk towards her.

"Hey where's Aves?"

"I'm not sure I think her dad called, she didn't look to happy about it either." 

"Okay thanks"

"Yeah of course"

I walk away with a good feeling of where she went. Walking into the school through the locker room door then into the south hallway, the one I know all to well the one Avery takes to get to the roof.  Going up the stairs I think of all the things I could say maybe I could say something sarcastic lighten the mood a little. When I walk out the door I spot her sitting on an electrical box.

"Miss you know you can't be up here" I say lowering my voice a bit, but when I step in front of her, she isn't smiling. 

"Baby...?"

"I-" she breaks out in tears.

"Beautiful" I put my arms around her holding her tight.

"It's okay my love"

"She's gone... My mum is gone" she starts crying harder. Her mom had been in a work accident, her wounds were so severe that no one knew if she would make it, and her cancer had resurfaced only a few weeks before. Which had only made it worse... 

"Oh my love... everything is going to be alright"

"I didn't get to say good bye I- I- I-"

"Shhhhhhh its okay... I know I know" I pick her up and carry her to my car a Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat our favorite. It's how we met, she liked my car so she walked up to me introducing herself. 

"I like your car... you should take me for a ride some time"

"Yeah and who exactly is it that I'm taking for a ride" I was the new kid, but I'd seen her around school, and every time I did I couldn't help but stare. She was so different from all the other girls falling for me. I wanted her and only her.

"Avery and you are"

"Noah"

I fade back into the present and set her down opening the car door for her.

"Do you need anything from the locker room I can ask one of the girls to get it?"

"No" she sniffles.

"Alright... do you want a hoodie?" she nods her head a little, I chuckle.

"Okay" I walk to the back of my car and pop the trunk grabbing my hoodie.

"Here beautiful" I say closing my trunk and handing it to her she puts it on and smiles a little. 

"It's my favorite one" she mumbles.

"haha yes yes it is, now get in so we can go to my house and cuddle" she nods and gets in. I close the door and walk to the driver side getting in.

"can we stop at Starbucks" she says asks.

"Of course we can" I say driving off.