Step 1- DECIDE

Our God made us in his own image. Image doesn't mean just our face, but even our thoughts, our being. He didn't make robots to keep following commands without any insight. He created us in his likeness. Among all the creation, he gave something very unique to mankind. And that is mind of our own. The free will. He always puts before us the right and the wrong and He always gives us a choice. And it's written in the scriptures as well —

Deuteronomy 11:26-28
26 See, I am setting before you today a blessing and a curse —
27 the blessing if you obey the commands of the Lord your God that I am giving you today;
28 the curse if you disobey the commands of the Lord your God and turn from the way that I command you today by following other gods,  which you have not known.

Deuteronomy 30:15
15 See, I set before you today life and prosperity, death and destruction.

When ever I think of a resolution, I remember Daniel. He resolution was firm and he glorified God through that decision.

Daniel 1:8
"But Daniel resolved not to defile himself..."

But making decisions for our spiritual life is not just a thing of the past. Even today, if we decide, Satan can't even touch us.

1John 5:18
18 We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the One who was born of God keeps them safe, and the evil one cannot harm them.

Have you ever taken a decision/resolution?
We take so many new year resolutions inspite of knowing that we might not fulfill them completely. But did that stop you from taking a resolution?
Have you stopped taking decisions because you feel you might not fulfill them anyway?
This is a lie. And it's a Satan's plot.

He keeps whispering into our ears, " What Is the use of such decisions, when you're not able to fulfill them?"

Remember,

Proverbs 24:16
"for though the righteous fall seven times, they rise again,...."

It doesn't matter how many ever times we fall,  getting up from where we had fallen is the most important characteristic of a righteous man. Do you think righteous man never sins?
We all are called righteous, not because of our deeds but our faith. And confessing our sin and getting up is an everyday necessity.
We are born of God and we don't roll in the mud of sin everyday. We get up even when we fall into a puddle. We ask for forgiveness, correct ourselves and get going.

So don't ever think, "Oh, this is the end, i shouldnt have sinned or done this, now it's over. God can never take me back"

You're wrong, our God wants us to get up again and take a decision.

Once we take a decision, he will help us.
Just like he helped Daniel when Daniel resolved not to defile himself.

We are never alone in this. He is always with us.
If you are battling any kind of sin, be it lust of eyes, lust of flesh and the pride of life. Take a decision.

If you have already taken a decision not to do that sin but have in and sinned. Again, I say, Take a decision.

Taking decision not to sin is an important step. Success or not is the next question. But taking a decision is the first step that we can take. And once we do that, we will surely be rewarded.

Revelation 22:11-12
11. Let the one who does wrong continue to do wrong; let the vile person continue to be vile; let the one who does right continue to do right; and let the holy person continue to be holy.”
12 “Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done

Your decision will be rewarded. So take a decision to move away from that sin that's hindering you.

Hello my dear friends in Christ, this book is not about preaching to anyone here. When i write here, God speaks to me as well. I'm still a struggling Christian girl.  I have my temptations and pitfalls. I always thought to myself, I am no good. My sins don't deserve the forgiveness. But i was reminded of God's love. His grace abounds. And it helped me to take a decision. These are practical steps and today as I write this chapter. I take a decision again not to defile myself.
I hope you find this book to be a blessing. God bless us and help us.
Amen.
-A.b