11: The right path

After five days of being imprisoned inside the house while suffering from menstrual cramps, I was finally free. My period has ended yesterday and my good mood is back. I went back on writting and reading stories except for this day, I heard my sister and the band are going out today to celebrate. Guns N' Roses had finished another gig last night and they're gaining fame as days passes by. Their songs were all over the radio, as well as their flyers are scattered everywhere. I wasn't a fan of rock n' roll but I could say that they are really awesome though they are strange.

"Priscilla?" Melissa tapped me on the shoulder as I look through the newspaper. "I know your answer would be 'no' but I'd like ask you if you'll come with us. It's going to be epic! Besides, I just can't leave you while we are out there having fun"

"Sorry Mel but No" I shook my head, emphasizing the last word. "It's my turn to go for a job hunting now that I'm finally free"

She rolled her eyes, placing her hands on her waist. "You know what? You're like Izzy. You love to say No and you always refuse to have fun and then be serious at all times"

I gave her a sheepish smile as I stir my cup of coffee. "Because we're making use of our time wisely. So that means Izzy won't come as well?"

"Of course he will! I mean you two are both sort of an joy killer but Axl can convince him somehow. Unlike you"

"Still no. I'm sorry" I focused back on the news paper and I just let out a sigh of relief when my stupid sister finally left me alone.

I know, their outing would be a lot of fun but it's just I'm really willing to help my parents in Arizona and also, I needed to earn money to finally move out and live on my own. Sure I may think about Izzy Stradlin occasionally but he's not just my priority and if he has a thing for me I believe he would wait no matter what. On the other hand, I was still hoping that the calm rockstar will not lay his eyes on other woman, sure there will be thousands of girls who will throw themselves at a famous rockstar like him and I wish he wouldn't get tired of waiting for me to let him into my life.

I shrugged off my thoughts when I scanned my eyes through the news paper again and something wonderful caught my attention.

Hollywood Film Archives is need of talented Fiction Writers.

The bolded letters made my eyes light up and I immediately read more from the job description. That's just a few minutes away from here! It's just so perfect, finally found a place for passion. All I need is to compile my works and prep myself.

I cut out the job advertisement and pasted it on my journal, feeling the joy and excitement running through my veins.

"We are leaving" Melissa stood by the doorway in her slutty clothes as usual. "Aren't you going to say goodbye to Izzy? He's kind of waiting for you out there"

"Seriously?" I furrowed my brows as I get up from my working station, heading out of my room.

A smile crept my face when I saw him at the living room.

"Hey pretty face" he cooed and my heart was about to melt. He's so special, but I have to choose my dream job over him.

I walked closer towards him, "Sorry I'm not coming"

"Why, what's wrong? Still not feeling well?" he held my hand and I could feel myself blushing.

I looked down on the floor shyly, "No. Actually I'm feeling good already but I have to leave and get a job today"

"Wait, you can't just leave today and roam around the city all by yourself"

"I already know where I'm heading off" I giggled, finally looking directly into his eyes.

"I'm worried"

"Izzy, I can do this, trust me. I'll take a cab"

He let out a heavy sigh, "Alright, but you have to promise me one thing"

"Hmm. What is it, Mr. Rockstar?"

"Take care of yourself"

"I will"

"Izzy, enough of the heart to heart talk, we're leaving" Axl cut off our conversation and the calm rhythm guitarist slowly let go of my hand.

"Good Bye" he smiled before following Axl and Melissa out of the door.

"Bye my dear, see you tomorrow!" Melissa said as she close the front door.

Izzy, Izzy, why can't I get you out of my mind?

A|N:

Short chapter. I'll do better next time. We're just getting started ;) Tell me what you think.

Comment and Vote❤