1: A new... home?

Year 1987|Los Angeles, California

After an almost nine hours of trip from Arizona, I've finally reached the city of Los Angeles all by myself. Already, I'm feeling so nostalgic as the cab I was riding drive down the Sunset Boulevard, passing by a series of nightclubs, stripclubs, bars, hotels and other buildings that could be rarely seen in our place. This city is the total opposite of my hometown, it's too noisy and dangerous unlike the place where I've grown up. A plain and peaceful home that stood in the middle of a vast farmland.

All my thoughts were interrupted when the cab pulled up by the roadside across the place called Sunset Strip. I got out of the cab, carrying my suitcase as I look for my older sister's apartment. Aside from avoiding all the mischievous drug dealers that came into my way, I've noticed most of the females I've encountered were strippers and I prayed for a miracle that my sister weren't one of them.

***

A weird scent filled the atmosphere as my older sister, Melissa push the door open, switching the light on.

"Oh my goodness Priscilla!" she squealed, jumping towards me to embrace me. "I've been busy all day long preparing my place for your arrival!"

I smiled to my sister but deep inside I was surprised about how much she have changed. Her was hair teased, blond and it used to be curly like mine. She has a butterfly tattoo on her mid hips and she wears heavy makeup and short, fitted garments. I suddenly felt anxious about living with my very own sister. Like what I never ever wished, she's a stripper and a 'groupie', wasting most of her time in stalking and hooking up with popular rockstars here in this wild city called, Los Angeles. She started staying in this apartment five years ago and I didn't expected that she have gotten this worst.

"So this is where you lived?" I asked, awkwardly, scanning my eyes around.

She nodded, "Yep. Your new home"

The next thing I have to explore is the whole house. At least, the place is not as bad as the weird scent it has. There were brightly-painted walls, floors with floral designs, comfortable couches and other house decors.

"If you don't mind me asking, what's that smell?" I frowned as I throw my bag and my trench coat over the couch.

"Booze" she answered with a smile on those red lips. "Weeds and alcohol. My boyfriend's band had a jam here yesterday"

I did a fake smile despite of the fact that I was disgusted with her lifestyle. I felt like I wanna go back to Arizona.

I arched an eyebrow, "Your boyfriend's in a band?"

And they're doing terrible things in this house...

"Yeah and they're coming back tonight, don't you think that's wonderful? You're finally meeting up new people in your life"

Oh no. No please...

"Melissa. You know to yourself that I wasn't into socializing especially to uh... boys" I tried to say that calmly despite of the fact the I was freaking out mentally.

She rolled her eyes. "And you gotta learn that. Because you are living with me"

"But-"

"Shh..." she interrupted me. "You've had a long sickening trip. Sit down, relax and I'll prepare you something to eat"

I sighed and nodded, "Okay. Fine"

Leaning my elbows over my tighs, I cupped my face with my hands as I waited for Melissa who went off to the kitchen. So far, she's still the caring older sister I have before and I believe she won't let anything happen to me. Besides, she's right, I can't just stuck myself at home with our parents forever.

But still I need a place that was for me all alone. I really don't want to share an apartment with Melissa and her 'boys' any longer. That would take time, need to get a job right exactly tomorrow.

A/N:

Oh lovely Priscilla, why do you have to be so worried?

LOL! I just can't wait for her to meet the boys.

How's the first chapter people tell me what you think so that I know if I'll keep this story up.

READ, COMMENT, VOTE