Part 1: Meeting Alistair

Y/N POV

I arrive to Ostagar with Duncan and I meet the king. We chat up for awhile about this war and honestly he seems extremely sure that he'll be able to put an end to all of this. I hope so, I'm putting my trust in him and so is everyone else.

Duncan tells me to go find Alistair to begin our test. I nod and watch him head out. I walk along the bridge and stop to admire the view! It's beautiful.. I just wish I could admire it longer but we don't have much time left, war is closer than I like so I have to hurry.

I explore around the camp and two men ahead of me. I step up on the stairs and head towards them where I can hear them bickering back and forth. The mage clearly seems irritated "What is it now?? Haven't the gray warden's asked enough from the circle??"

"I simply came to deliver a message from the revered mother, sir mage.. she desires your presence!" The mage raises an eyebrow at the warden "well I'm busy helping the gray warden's BY the KING'S orders might I add" this rude mage points his finger at the warden. Alistair crosses his arms "tell her I will NOT be harassed in this manner!!" Alistair scoffs "Yes, I was harassing you by delivering a message..."

The mage rolls his eyes at Alistair "Your glibness does you no credit" "and here I thought we were getting a long so well!! I was even gonna name one of my children after you... The grumpy one!" The mages eyebrows furrowed "Enough. I will speak to the woman if I must...."

He then leaves and Alistair turns to me with a smirk "ah you know one good thing about the blight is how it brings everyone together" huh??? What a weird thing to say??? But such a funny thing to say as well "exactly, it brings all of us together huh? Like one big party"

Alistair smiles "Yes! We can all stand in a circle and hold hands. Now that would give the dark spawn something to think about" I couldn't help to find his smile to be adorable. I like that he's bringing light to the situation, we could all use some of that...

"Oh wait we haven't met have we? I don't suppose you happen to be another mage..." He says with sarcasm in his voice. I get the idea he doesn't like mages... "I'm no mage, don't worry" Alistair let's out a sigh of relief "oh thank goodness... Wait wait I DO know who you are! You're Duncan's new recruit, right? I should've recognized you right away duh I apologize" he extends his hand out for mine and we shake hands, finally introducing each other.

"Y/n Rose, and you are? I already have a pretty good guess but I gotta make sure" I give him a warm smile and he gives one back. Already I'm blushing at this cute soldier, but I have to focus. Don't have time for little girl crushes!! "I'm Alistair, the new gray warden! Though, I'm sure you already knew that. Did you guess right?" I nod "mhm, I'm good with people" I give him a wink and he rolls his eyes chuckling "alright well as the junior member of the order I will be accompanying when you prepare for the joining!!! I know I felt the same way when I did this. Unfortunately, they don't give us much of a choice" we begin walking away from the area and down the stairs while talking

"Oh you know it just occurred to me that there haven't been many WOMEN in the gray wardens. I wonder why that is? I mean would it be so terrible? Not that I'm done drooling lecher... Please stop looking at me like that"

I start laughing and hit his arm "relax, you're fine. Well I'm hoping I have what it takes to be a gray warden especially fighting beside my new favorite person" and it's true, he is my new favorite person. Haven't had chemistry like this with someone in a long while. About to be my new best friend I swear!!

"Hmm well I'm curious, have you ever actually encountered dark spawn? Killed one perhaps?" I stop and sigh "no.. no not really. I've never seen one but I've heard they're disgusting" I then continue walking with him. I guess I got nervous there, what are darkspawn really like? "Have you?" I asked. Alistair looks at me "I have. I wasn't prepared to face something so monstrous in my life... Well, Duncan is waiting for us so are you ready?" He bumps my arm with his in a friendly manner. I feel like we've already become fast best friends, I guess there blight really does bring us all together..

"Yeah, I'm ready." We move faster towards the camp where the other recruits are "don't worry I'll try not to embarrass you" this snarky bastard I swear...

To be Continued...
-----------------------------

I am back with an all new chapter. this one is a lot shorter than the previous one!! Hope you liked meeting Alistair for the first time here ;)

These are all drafts btw I don't go through them much so I apologize for that...