Away From Home (2/4) || 13

71 votes on the last chapter djshskshsjsksj 😭 tysm yall! <333 let'd do it again okay?

_____

the door remained closed for the rest of the night without any doubts leaking through it. although the heavy weight of the note aera left behind should've haunted down the brothers who always claimed to love her more than their lives. the clothes scattered on the floor and the pillows out of place should've screamed for help when aera struggled to get down from the window all on the support of the bedsheets and a few covers tied together. the locked door itself should've been enough to let the secret of abandonment out like wildfire.

the boys should've known sooner than 6 am when jimin was on his way to wake aera up for another dreading day. he knocks twice before grabbing the shining knob, twisting it like any other day except for that today it didn't unlock. he frowns at the door, trying again and sighs on realising that aera's probably mad about how he scolded her yesterday and that's why she's shut the door lock from inside.

"aera? get up, baby, it's time for school," he says, hoping that she would stop being grumpy when she wakes up for he was definitely in the mood to make it up with her today for last night's behavior. "are you up, princess? open the door,"

there's no response from inside and things remains lifeless as it actually is. jimin looks down at his feet, nodding slowly before walking away. he located hoseok outside his room, giving a warm morning greet, then asks for help, "i guess ri's mad at me, she's locked the door of her room. please try to talk to her if she lets you?"

"oh, yeah sure," the elder nods, following jimin's lead as he places his hand on the younger's shoulder, squeezing gently in assurance, "i'm sure she must've forgotten everything by now and you guys will be cool. don't worry too much,"

"i hope so," jimin meets hoseok's eyes, that are virtually telling him that his sister is a sweet child who doesn't believe in holding grudges especially with her oppas, so jimin should be fine and not have much to overthink about. although jimin has a part of him murmering in his head as though warning him of an impending mess.

as hoseok knocks on the door and calls out for aera a few times, getting only thick silence for answers, it induces a strange feeling within the two. exchanging glances, jimin licks his lips nervously, turning towards jungkook's room just in case he knew something. hoseok nods subtly, almost calling jungkook when the boy walks out himself, dressed in a loose tank top and joggers, headphones plugged in, probably blasting some energetic workout music in his ears.

"mornin'," he lets out dryly, cracking his neck, walking past the elders when jimin calls for him, making him stop. maybe he wasn't literally blasting music? "yeah?" he cocks up a brow, "oh where's aera? is she ready?"

"about that," jimin sighs, his thumb pointing at the youngest's room, "she's not opening the door or responding to us. maybe you should try,"

"not responding?" jungkook frowns, taking off the headphones and nears the door, which has 'little kookie' written on a cardboard in colorful letters and a funky font. "ri, get up champ. don't you wanna go with me today?"