NINE

Dabi stared at you from across the dining room table.

"Master Dabi?" You stuttered, your cheeks flushed. "Is there something else on your mind?"

"There are a lot of things on my mind, ____," he said. "I don't even know where to start."

You folded your hands in your lap.

"So, you're not- when-" Dabi sighed.

"I didn't mean to keep it from you. Lord Tomura may have acted irrationally, the plan was just a vague idea that he executed with no preparation. I expected him to tell you, but," you trailed off.

"I don't get you," Dabi said. "Why do you keep choosing me?"

"I told you before," you said. "I'm loyal to you. I don't want to work for anyone else."

"But why?" Dabi emphasized. "Why me?"

You looked down at your hands. "You just deserve it."

"But, why? I don't understand why you picked me."

"For the same reason why you accepted me," you said. "At least, I hope our reasons were the same. Why does it matter why?"

"Because," he said. He crossed his arms. "You're not in the position to question me, little maid."

"I'm sorry," you said.

"Whatever." Dabi shrugged. "I'm over it."

"So.. fast?" You said.

"Yup," Dabi said.

_____________________

Later that day, you and Dabi sat outside together. It was a beautiful day, so you made some homemade lemonade. The large porch swing you two were sitting on swayed gently.

You sipped your lemonade and smiled. "It's a nice day, isn't it, Master Dabi?"

"Yeah," Dabi said. "Not too hot, not too cold," he trailed off. "The lemonade is great too."

"Thank you," you said.

You stood up from the swing and set your cup on the cart which held the pitcher of lemonade.

"Why don't we go for a walk?" Dabi suggested.

"Together?" You said.

"Of course." Dabi stood up and set his cup down. "I wouldn't wanna leave my little maid at home by herself." He put his hand on your head

"Alright then," you said.

You two walked in silence for a while. Somehow, you and Dabi ended up in these nonsexual, intimate moments that left you feeling suffocated.

Dabi wrapped his arm around your shoulders and pulled you close to him.

"Uh, Master?" You stuttered.

Dabi chuckled. "You're very bashful sometimes, ya know."

"Am not," you pouted. "You're just clingy."

"I do pay you to be by my side," Dabi said.

"You technically don't pay me at all," you said.

"Oh yeah," Dabi muttered. "You're the only weirdo that works for free."

"It's a pleasure making your days a little easier," you said. "I like being around you and making you happy." The wind blew your long hair away from your face.

"But, what makes you happy, ____?" Dabi said.

"Hm," you hummed. "Making you happy, oh, and books, of course," you said. "I enjoy cooking as well."

"I know all of that." Dabi rolled his eyes. "Tell me something new about you."

"Something new?" You said.

Dabi nodded.

"Um," you muttered. "My favorite color is blue," you said. "Just like the color of your eyes." Dabi looked down at the ground. Luckily for him, most of his face was covered in burns, so, if he was blushing, you'd have no way of knowing.

"May I ask you something?" You said.

"Sure," he said, kicking a stone.

"Does your skin hurt?" You said.

"Sometimes," Dabi said. "I don't really use my quirk much anymore, so it isn't as bad as before."

"Why don't you get, like, a skin transplant or something?"

"You don't like the way I look?" Dabi said.

"N-no! I didn't mean it like that!" You waved your hands in front of you. "You're very attractive, but I mean- if it hurts so much, why not get a skin transplant?"

Dabi smirked. "You think I'm hot?"

"That's not- I-" Your face turned beet red.

Dabi chuckled and patted your head. "Don't worry, ___. I think you're cute too."

"I assure you, I was not worried about that," you muttered.