Chapter 95

Harry helped me stand up and I stopped moving as a whisper echoed through the halls of Hogwarts.  It was Voldemort.

"You have fought in vain, I do not wish this, every drop of magical blood spilled is a terrible waste I therefore command my followers to retreat so you can dispose of your dead in dignity. Harry Potter, Clara Parkinson I now speak directly to you. On this night you have allowed your friends to die for you rather than face me yourself there is no greater dishonour, come to the forbidden forest and confront your fate. If you do not do this I will kill every last man women and child who wishes to conceal you from me."

I turned to Harry meeting his eyes. "I need to watch this memory. Stay here with Hermione and Ron. I'm begging you Clara do not go to the forest." Ron squeezed my hand wrapping his arm around me. I held on tightly closing my eyes so I wouldn't see Remus, Fred or Tonks anymore.

I sat on the steps just outside of the great hall leaning my head on Hermione's shoulder. I hadn't said a single world, I was just focused on forcing myself to breath. I couldn't even acknowledge the fact that Ron and Hermione were holding hands right now.

"I see a small bump." Hermione whispered placing her hand on my stomach. "This baby could come anytime," I sadly whispered looking down at her hand. "Remus was supposed to be here." Ron came and sat down in front of me, "we're all going to be here."

I kept my eyes glued to the ground for what felt like an eternity. "We're sorry for leaving you at the Malfoys." Hermione said meeting my eyes. "Don't worry about it." Ron nodded, "did they hurt you?" I shook my head, "unless you call carving the dark mark into my arm hurting me." Hermione gasped running her hand along it, "I thought they were going to kill you." I bit my lip, "they thought I was Pansy. Lucious helped me if you can believe it."

"No." Ron suddenly said standing up. This made me lift my eyes and my mouth dropped when I saw Draco standing in front of me. "Clara," he whispered looking down at me sadly. "It's fine," I quietly whispered letting Ron know I was alright.

I forced myself up standing face to face with Draco. "Are you alright?" He whispered taking my hands in his. I didn't want to give in to him but I did, because as much as I hated to admit it I loved Draco. "No," I buried my head into his shoulder holding onto his chest. I grabbed a handful of his shirt trying to pull him closer to me but this bump was keeping us apart. He placed his hands on my cheeks resting his chin on my head. "I know Clara. But we're going to make it out of this." I bit my lip wanting to just sink into his body, "I love you. Don't you fucking think about leaving me Draco." He let out a small breath in my ear, "I couldn't even imagine."

I turned my head as Harry met all of us on the stairs. "Where have you been?" Hermione whispered. He softly shook his head, "watching Snapes memory. I have to die. Voldemort put a piece of his soul in me that night. I think I've known this for awhile, I think you have to Hermione. I'm going to the forest." I grabbed his arm, "no." Hermione threw her arms around his shoulders, "I'll come with you." Harry immediately rejected this, "no. Kill the snake. That's the last horcrux then all that's left is Voldemort. Don't you dare let Clara die." I tried to pull him back, "DONT DO IT HARRY." Draco grabbed my arm, as I tried to pull away from him Ron grabbed my other arm. "You heard him Harry, he wants us both dead. We can finish this together, please." He shook his head, "you don't have to die Clara, in fact we're not going to let you die." He continued walking away from us, "HARRY." I screamed after him. "I'm sorry Clara."

Once he fell out of eyesight I dropped to my knees bringing Draco down with me. "Go," he whispered to Ron and Hermione.

I let out a loud cry pounding my fists against his chest. "I HATE YOU." He didn't move like I expected him too, he just sat there holding onto
me.

I had cried and screamed so much that my vision was completely blurry and yet I felt no better. "Clara. Stay here." He slowly let go of me and I watched him walk outside. Like hell I was staying here, it took me a minute to get myself steady and then I carefully followed him out the doors.