Chapter 1

Walking through the hallways of Oak Bridge High, was seventeen year old, Toni Braxton. She was known as "the nerd." But, she wasn't your typical nerd. She was cool with everyone, including the popular kids. Every person she walked passed, they greeted her with a wave or a "hi." She didn't wear the stereotypical "nerd" apparel. She stuck with baggy yet stylish clothing.

(Toni's outfit)

(Toni's outfit)

Toni entered her AP Statistics class and sat in the back, due to all the other seats being taken. She pulled out her notebook and mechanical pencil, and sat back until it was time to start class. The teacher walked in a couple seconds later with a student behind him. He whispered in her ear and pointed to the seat that was empty and next to Toni. The small girl walked to the back, with the class's eyes watching her. She kept her head down, her blue Monster's University hat hiding her face, with her arms gripping her torso.

(Janet's outfit)

(Janet's outfit)

The mysterious girl plopped down in the desk not once did her head pop up. Toni looked over at the girl twirling her pencil, contemplating if she should introduce herself. Toni's thoughts were interrupted by the teacher's voice.

"Alright class, welcome to AP Statistics, I'm Mr. Stevens..."

The teacher lectured on and on what he expected from the class, and the first lesson. Everyone began to take notes, because there was a quiz next Friday. Toni observed the mysterious girl, she was quiet, but she payed attention and took the notes. The bell rang for second bell, and all the students scurried out of the classroom, except for Toni and the girl. As they were approaching the door, Mr. Stevens stopped the two women.

"Oh, Janet, this is Toni Braxton, one of the smartest students of the school, Toni, this is Janet Jackson, she's new here. Please, make her feel welcome," he smiled.

"Yes sir, I will," Toni nodded. Janet, that's her name, Toni said to herself. They walked out, walking next to each other, not a word coming out the both of them.