Chapter 4

Toni's POV

Monday

Today was another day of school. Yesterday, I read the paper that Janet left behind. I know, it's an invasion of privacy, but I was curious, and wanted to talk to her about it. I took a quick shower and picked out an outfit. Nothing to fancy.

I grabbed my backpack and walked downstairs into the kitchen

I grabbed my backpack and walked downstairs into the kitchen. My mom left a note on the counter, reading that she left early, and she loved me. I smiled at the note, and grabbed a banana from the counter. I grabbed my keys and began my journey to Janet's house. I honked the horn, and Janet came walking out. I examined her outfit, and damn did she look good. I shifted in my seat, hoping that IT wouldn't react too much. Janet climbed in, and gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek. I became a blushing fool.

"Good morning, you're in a cheery mood," she nodded her head, sitting back

"Good morning, you're in a cheery mood," she nodded her head, sitting back. "You ready for the week?" She shrugged her shoulders with and unsure expression. I turned up the radio and we just listened to whatever played through the speakers. As I drove, Janet tapped me arm. She pointed to the Starbucks on my left. I nodded, turning on my signal, and pulled up to the drive thru.
(I'm no Starbucks genius)

***

After we got our coffee, we pulled to school and stopped at our lockers. I put my hands in my pockets feeling the piece of paper. I my eyes widened, and I pulled it out.

"Janet..." I held the paper out. She hurriedly tried to reach for it but I pulled it back. "Not until you tell me what's going on with you," Janet sighed and put her hands up in surrender. I scoffed, as I watched her walk away. I couldn't believe she didn't put up a fight. This day was full of tension and silence between us.

Janet's POV

I hated the silence and tension between Toni and I. I was too nervous to let out the truth. I don't want my identity to be known to anyone. I did music in the past, but I had my music scrapped and but into the back of the vaults. Michael wanted me to collab with a song that Toni refuses to give back. After I got out of school, Michael wanted me to come and rehearse. Toni dropped me off at home, and still waited until I was inside before she pulled off. I went inside and did the little homework I had, and called Michael.

"Mike, I'm ready for rehearsal," I chimed into the phone.

"Did you do your homework young lady?" I rolled my eyes, and told him yes. He also said that a producer named Babyface was going to pop in with a friend. He didn't say who. I hung up and waited for him to arrive.

***

We arrived at the dance studio, where Michael and I met with Tina Landon, the choreographer. She pressed play on the speakers, and copied her movements through the mirror.

"Michael missed a step!" I pointed out. Tina and I laughed as he threw a tantrum, knowing we had to start over.

***

Michael and I sat down and went over the lyrics of the song. Luckily, Michael had another written paper of the lyrics.

"...the system is fucked," I wrote, but Michael objected.

"Dunk, you know I can't say that,"

"Why not? It's the truth," I laughed. We continued to bicker over the lyrics, not noticing the door opening. Two people walked in.

"Michael!" Kenny?! And Toni was right behind him.

"Face, come in! Toni, it's great to see you again!" Toni was too shocked to answer, because we were staring right at each other. I was caught. I didn't know what do next.

****

DUN. DUN. DUUUUUNNNN.
Sheesh, I haven't touched this book in a minute 😭 well, I updated, you're welcome. I'm sorry that its SUPER SHORT, and probably lame. But I'm tired, I was bowling since 9am. Excuse any mistakes. I hope you still enjoyed❤️

R.I.P. Lisa Marie Presley 💔