chapter one

the backstory

Every summer i go to LA to see my brother and his friends. Right now it's the end of summer so that means i have to go home for school. Over this summer i have kinda started talking to Noah's best friend Josh.

"josh" I say into his chest as he pulls me up onto his lap. "i'm gonna miss my flight" I say "i know i just don't want you to go" He says. It was silent after he said that. He rubbed my back soothingly and he said "i wish you could just do online school like Noah did" "i wish i could" I sigh. I put my hands on his chest and push him back in the bed. "this was only meant to be a summer fling" I say "i know" Josh says "but i don't want to leave either" I say getting teary eyed. He pulled me in tighter on his chest and his hands made their way down to my butt. He rubbed my back and butt for a couple of minutes till he said "next summer me and you will be official". I nod my head in his chest and he feels my tears on his chest.

He knows how my family life is noah has told him all about it. My dad got remarried after my mom died and his new wife is a bitch. She treats me like cinderella like i am her slave. I have to go and clean everything while she is working and pick up the kids and i have almost no free time. That's why i go to Noahs during the summer. My dad has started drinking more and he doesn't really notice how rude she is too all of us.

Josh picks me up and sets me up in the ground we walk to the bedroom door and he pushes me against the door swallowing me in a passionate kiss. It was the perfect goodbye kiss. "i love you Ava Claire " Josh says to me "i love you too". We have only said i love you one other time so i was a bit took back by it. "i'm gonna miss you" I say and i start crying ugly tears and he chuckled a
bit. "i will too" He says "don't laugh at my ugly tears" I say "i'm not they are so pretty" He says and wipes them off of my cheeks and kisses my forehead.

"can y'all hurry up" Noah calls from downstairs "you are gonna miss your flight" He adds. Josh pushes me down on the bed and kissed me again aggressively. Then once he was done he plopped on me. "i don't want you to go" He says "trust me i don't want to" I say. "we gotta go downstairs" I say. "i know" Josh says. I open the door and get my luggage. We walk downstairs and i go around to all the boys and give them goodbye hugs. Josh was significantly longer and more passionate. When i got to Noah he kissed my forehead and messed up my hair. "come on kiddo" He says. We walk outside to the car and it was just us in their. "god imma miss y'all so much" I say crying as he is driving me to the airport.

A couple months later

Noah

- where are you
noah- by the luggage
- ugh ok i'm coming

I just got off my flight to come back to LA for the summer. I haven't talked to Josh separate since the summer so i don't even know if he still likes me or anything. I released a couple of songs that i had been working on in LA about how much i live josh and miss him but he didn't call or facetime me just alone it was always with a group.

I start walking over to the luggage and see Noah, Jaden, Bryce and Josh. I run over there and I hug noah, Jaden, and bryce. When it gets to josh i hug him and he picks me up. He whispers in my ear. "did you miss me" and i nod my head in his neck. He puts me down and we all walk out to the car together. When we get in the car Noah says "is it okay if we drop you and josh off at the house we are gonna go to the store" "yeah that's fine" I say.

.
.

We pull up to the hosue and Josh and i go inside and i say "guess who's back bitches" and i get no response. "no one else is home right now" Josh says "oh really" I say "yeah" Josh says and he towers over me pushing me up against the wall. "i really missed you" He says and leans in "how was your summer" He says and pulls away. "it was good" I say getting out from under his shadow. I bring my stuff to my room and he follows me. I turn around quickly and wrap my arms around his neck. "what are you doing" He asks but still stay there. "making sure you can hear me" I say. He puts his hands on my back pushing me closer to him. "i can hear you better right here" He says and leans in closer. "i still can't hear you" I say. He puts his nose touching mine and our lips touch and he puts his finger on my lip. "god i missed you" He says and smashes his lips on mine and it was like we never missed a beat.