The First Stride

My eyes fluttered open to the joyful sound of my alarm, it sang happily and broke away at my dream. Stretching my arm out from under my covers, I ran my fingers along my drawers, my fingers hit into my lamp and caused me to retraced my arm sharply. I kissed my blue, chipped nails before poking my head out my covers, my room was bare and motionless as my alarm kept singing.

Looking over the edge of my bed I saw my IPhone lying upside down on the floor, I grasped the rectangular object and switched the alarm off. My room fell silent and I let out a sigh of relief, looking round my eyes scanned across at all the boxes and at my empty wardrobe which was opened slightly, as the door swayed in the breeze coming from my window. I threw the covers back and slipped out of bed, my feet tingled as the hit the cold wooden floor.

Stretching my back out my hands went above my head and I grunted, my curtains were rising and falling in the breeze well until I grasped hold of them. Shoving them back they revealed fields glazed over with mist and the out line of horses and a stable block. I couldn't believe the day my 'step-dad' built me a stable block with enough room for me, Mia, Sarah and Josh (three best mates)and our horses.

I watched as the horse grazed in the field, unknown to the big changes happening today. Now people always make fun of the horsey girls right, well yes they made fun of me anyway. Saying my dream was hopeless, no talent, ugly horses well they all shut up once they meet my dad. He's competed all over the world and produces horses for people such as the Whitacker's and today's the day me and my horses go and live with him and my brother's.

My whole life is packed up into boxes and the only colour left in my room is the clothes on my chair, I picked up the polo shirt and slipped it on. I hopped into my joggers and slipped on my Venice high rider boots, dragging a brush through my hair I slipped my beanie on before grabbing my phone. I headed out the door and past my mums, the door to their room was adjacent so I could see in as I walked passed.

Mum was lying in my 'step-dads' arms and the crying, pooping, attention machine known as Lexi was sleeping for once. I creped past to avoid another shouting match between me and mum about me leaving, she just doesn't like the thought of it but to be honest I feel like I'm disappearing. Jogging down the stairs, my boots made a clicking sound as they hit the steps "Charlotte..." I carried on going and slammed the front door. Grabbing hold of my bike, I slipped my headphones in and started pedalling off down the roads.

The morning air bite against my face as I sped along the road, my bike did this journey every day and happily rolled along down the road. My stomach began to rumble as I thought of the breakfast I had missed, but I wasn't waiting around to have another awkward conversation with mum. Reaching the top of the hill, I let my bike glide down the other side. Waving to Mr Barak as he tended to his cows as he did every morning without fail. He also happens to be the man who owns the land my stables are built on.

Turning into the drive my bike wheels grinded on the gravel drive way and soon rolled to a stop as I leaped off to open the gate. Propping my bike up against the wall my ears filled with a sweet nicker echoing out from one of the stables, Spinning on my heels I was met by the dapple grey head of Titan.

Titan's been with me for years now, dad gave him to me the day me and mum left. He was a long legged rising 3 year old at the time and now he's a muscular 9 year old, with boat loads of scoop and talent. His pure dapple coat shone in the dark stable as he reach for food "morning boy" searching in my pocket I pulled out a slightly crumbled sugar cube but he crunched it up happily as I opened the door.

Ducking under the rope my eyes wa