Her Hand (Fluff)

Pairing: 40s!Bucky Barnes x Rogers!Reader

Summary: After months of keeping your relationship a secret, your brother Steve finds out and Bucky has an important question to ask him

Word Count: 2.5k

Warnings: Mentions of a quick fight.

1941

You and Bucky had been seeing each other behind your brother's back for months. You were shocked you both had gone on for so long without Steve finding out considering how neither of you could keep your hands off of each other. Whether it was sneaking kisses when your brother wasn't looking or holding hands under tables- you needed each other like you needed air.

Despite the fact that Bucky was his best friend, you knew the moment your brother found out everything would change. Steve was nothing if not overprotective of you since the deaths of your parents and his own struggles growing up. He just wanted what was best for you and you knew that, but sometimes the lines were blurred on what that was- especially when it would come to dating... and dating Bucky no less.

So, not wanting to risk your brother's rage and his friendship with Bucky, the two of you had been keeping your relationship a secret. You knew eventually you would have to tell him, but you both were in such romantic bliss that you told yourself that was a futureproblem.

You had first told yourself that ten months ago and the future was bound to catch up.

"Buck, you need to go." You giggled against his lips before pressing yours against his once again. "He's gonna wake up."

"C'mon Y/n." Bucky chuckled, gripping your waist tighter and pulling you closer to him. "He sleeps like a rock. Just let me in, hmm? Just for one night?"

"Shh!" You hushed him, wrapping your arms around his neck. "You're not stepping into my room while my brother's home without a ring on this finger, mister. You understand me Barnes?"

"Doll," He groaned, throwing his head back which just made you laugh harder. "You know I've got a plan- you just gotta be patient, Y/n- trust me."

Lacing your fingers into his hair, you laughed against his lips.

"Shush, James. You're gonna wake him up!" You whispered. "You gotta head home."

"If you insist. One more kiss?" He asked.

"One more."

Pressing your lips against his, you couldn't help but smile into the kiss, both of you laughing out of pure bliss.

Pulling yourself away, you opened your eyes and turned your head to the side only to be met with the sight of your brother standing in the doorway of your apartment.

Eyes growing wide and heart thumping in your chest, you and Bucky jumped away from each other, you pushing him behind you.

"Steve, I can explain." You pleaded, holding your hands out in front of you.

Watching as his hands balled into fists at his sides, you knew you weren't going to be getting out of this one easily.

"You better have a damn good explanation." He said, firmly.

"Steve, I-" Bucky attempted to speak up, moving from his spot behind you to be by your side.

"You can have every girl in this city, Buck, and you just have to go after my sister too?" Steve asked in disgust, cutting off his friend.

Glancing from your brother to his friend, catching a sadness you had never seen before in his eyes, you shook your head.

"Stevie it's not like that-"