"Trust fall"

"Trust fall!" she screamed to her best friend leaning backwards off the couch. "Alexis! Are you crazy?" He said, dropping everything in his hands to catch her. "Ha! You caught me. You always catch me, Elijah." she said jumping up. "Who else will if i don't?" He said sarcastically. Alexis and Elijah have been best friends since the day they were born, literally. Their mothers were bestfriends and raised them together, like siblings. "From cradle to grave." Are the words they live by. They do everything together and have done everything together for the last 25 years. They're inseparable.

"I have to go." Elijah said, half way through the movie they were watching. "What do mean you have to go? Jennifer Aniston is on our screen and you want to leave?" Alexis replied with her perfectly shaped eyebrows lifted. "I am going to meet with Kathleen, Alexis. I know i'm one hell of a guy, but you need to learn to share me." He said standing up off the leather couch, which made his back seem sweaty. Kathleen is Elijah's girlfriend, and has been for the past 4 years. "Fine you can leave. I hope Kathy likes your sweaty back." She mumbled and continued watching the movie. Alexis never got jealous of Kathleen, because she knew nobody could take her place in Elijahs life, in fact she loved Kathleen and they were really close. "See you later, Lexie." he kissed her forehead and left.

Alexis woke up the next morning, having fallen asleep on the couch whilst watching television, with a blanket on top of her. Elijah must have thrown it on her when he came back later the night she thought to herself. They shared an apartment close to campus. They are both still studying at the University of Wyoming. After high school, they agreed to take some time to travel before pursuing their desired careers. Elijah is getting his masters in engineering and Alexis is an artist, her passion is expressive art. She opened the shades in the living room and was in awe of the beauty she was witnessing outside the window. It was an image straight out of a poem she had read in highschool named 'A Hard Frost'. The window pane was lined with ice, kind of crystal looking, and the blades of grass were covered in snow, giving them a sort of shimmering effect. Alexis saw the beauty in everything and everyone, she only saw the good and refused to let the bad "blur her vision". An optimist if there ever was one. Elijah was almost the exact opposite. He saw the bad in everything, the pessimist to Alexis' optimist. They evened each other out.