"Graduating"

Alexis and Elijah were now closing in on the end of their final semester of University and then they will have the qualifications they have been working towards. "Are you coming?" Elijah said to Kathleen on the phone, he was inviting her to their graduation which was creeping up. "Of course babe. I'm so proud of you and Lexie." "That's amazing. Thank you. I can't wait to hug you and see you and kiss you!" he screamed over the phone. Kathleen laughed "I love you." she said and hung up. "She's coming Lexie." Eli told Alexis, who was shopping for a graduation dress online. "Mmmm of course she is. She loves us. Me mostly. Are our parents going to be there?" "Our moms are, but our dads have work committments they have to attend to." "Of course they do." Alexis said stuffing her face with hot cheetos. They wrote their final few exams over the next few days and of course aced them as they always do. Alexis was named valedictorian, so she was super anxious about having to deliver her speech, but Elijah always knew how to calm her down. "Come on, let's go." He said trying to pull Alexis up from her seat. "No, i have to finish this speech, which is getting nowhere slowly, and we're only two days away from graduating." "You can finish when we get back. Now put on some pants that aren't pjs and let's go, please. "Fine, but how dare you judge my Pyjama pants, it's pumpkin pyjama pants, they're cool as hell." She said as she got up to go change.
They left and went to their favourite ice-cream parlour. "Ice-cream?" Alexis said eating her favourite flavour of ice-cream, mint-chip, with extra chocolate sauce. "You remember whenever one of our parents would argue with each other we'd pretend to run away and come here together, and just eat ice-cream until we got tired and just went back home. Everything would just disappear when we were here and everything would just calm down. It's not just the ice-cream. So yes, ice-cream." He said smiling at her. "Thank you." They sat in the quiet, eating their ice-cream for a while before Alexis said something, "So you're finally going to do it huh?" she smiled and looked at Elijah. "Yes i am. As soon as we throw that graduation cap up in the air, i'm going to do it." "Well i'm really happy for you, i honestly could not be more proud of you." "You're so emotional, but i'm proud of you too." When they got home, Eli helped Alexis finish her speech and she helped him decide on what to wear.