"Speech"

The day finally came, graduation day. The day these two bestfriends have been working towards since they were about 10 years old. They woke up that morning and got ready. Alexis put on her beautiful red dress and Elijah zipped it up for her. Elijah put on the suit Alexis picked out and she tied his tie. They looked at each other with joy and admiration for one another and shared a hug, a hug that proved the theory of platonic soulmates. They grabbed their graduation gowns and headed to the ceremony, where their mothers were sitting in the audience and so was Kathleen. As the headmaster called out the names of everyone graduating, the realisation that they had made it, hit them both. "And now i call on the valedictorian of the 2021 class, Alexis Mariah Carrington." The headmaster said and lead the audience in applause. She walked up on stage feeling overwhelmed with joy, and a bit anxious too, but when she saw her bestfrined in the first row cheering her on, she knew she was going to be alright. "Hi everyone. I'm Alexis and i'm also nervous..."The crowd laughed and she continued, "A few days ago i was planning this speech with no idea of what to say. These past few years have been amazing and indescribable. I've met some of the most amazing people in the world and had some of the best teachers, who taught me things not just about academics, but about life too. And now here i stand, here we stand, proving that anything we want to do, we can do, if we put our minds to it. It's been a long and tough journey for most or all of us, but we did it..."she paused and took a deep breathe to fight back her tears and went on, "I can go on about how amazing this journey has been and how thankful i am to be here today, but instead, i want to thank one person, my bestfriend, the yin to my yang, the mario to my luigi, the adam sandler to my jennifer aniston, and most importantly, my brother. Elijah Alexander.  Without him, i definitely would not be here. So Elijah, thank you for everything. I would honestly not survive without you. The brother i always wanted, and the one i didnt know i needed. From cradle to grave, brother. Before i start crying, congratulations to everyone and i wish you all a bright future filled with happiness and joy. Thank you."