Chapter 14

I walked out of the set feeling a bit crushed but I knew I would be seeing Jack. Jack always seems to appreciate me. It was still pretty early in the day either 2 or 3 pm. Jack gets off at , but I do know it is soon. I walked to the part of the warehouse where the two companies were joint. I leaned by back up against the production side of the building next to the Furdles Watches and Co. As my back hit the wall, my body relaxed , then noticing I was in an unlady like position. My whole body weight was resting against the wall hoping nobody would notice, that was if anyone was around.My goodness was I wrong. I saw eloquent looking men pouring out of Furdles Watches and Co buldiling, most men were walking and talking with another towards their parked cars. But not Jack, he was not talking or walking fast paced like the other working men. Jack was just walking at a normal pace swinging his briefcase.

  As the business men were coming towards my way, I quickly stood up. Jack was making his way towards me making doing little head nods. I waved and smiled at him. Thankful to finally seeing him, but still hurt from what had happened. Jack came up to patting my head.

''Let's go to the car.'' Jack said.

  Jack and i sauntered to the car, he buckled himself in first, then me. 

''I met some new people today.''

''Yeah, Jack.''

  ''Yes, four other men, also new to the profession.''

  ''Go on.''

''As I said, there is four of them. William is the oldest, he has many sisters, he told me before this he used to make wooden toys, but that was not making enough money for his family, so he found this job in the paper. Then there is James, James used to work in an airplane building factory, gives me vibes that if he got angry enough he would chop someones hand off.Robert, Robert is quiet , but he has such unique physical  features , looks like a model of sorts.And there is Patrick he is close in age with me, but he only speaks in Gaeilge. He is from Ireland , I have mostly only communicated with him through laughs and smiles.''

  Jack kept driving.

 ''Do you think one of them will be your favorite?''

  ''Well love, it is too soon to tell, I am quite fond of William and Patrick. Patrick and I from what I learned are close in age, but I just somehow feel closer to William.''

  I was genuinely interested in what Jack was saying but how could he harbour a friendship if one doesn't speak English?

 ''Jack, how does anyone communicate with that boy if he cant speak a lick of English?''

   Jacks eyes were still on the road, while conversing.

 ''Patrick knows just the real basics like bye, thanks,and hello. The other man Robert, he helps Patrick communicate since Robert's mom knows a bit of  Gaeilge.''

  ''That is so sweet, so Robert takes him under his wing like an older brother type figure?''

''Yeah, they all seem fairly close.''

  Jack came to the main intersection, passing the stoplight up into the driveway.

 ''Oh Alice, did I mention Mr. Furdle is retiring giving the business to Frank?''

  I nodded.

  ''How can I not remember Frank, our single audience member witnessing our 47 second make out?'' I heard Jack laugh.

 He parked the car and unfastened his seatbelt, then closing his door and doing the same to me. It is a very polite gesture of what Jack does. We walked up to the front door facing the doorknob. In my head I was thinking here we go again with our battle of opening the door.

  ''I am going to wow you.''

 Jack opened the door's handle with no struggle, in fact Jack didn't even use a key.

  ''Jack, you left the door unlocked?''

  ''Yes, my love that doorknob was always a pain in my arse.''

Jack was correct about how irrating that doorknob is, but not his pronunciation on the word ass. Well , maybe that was more of a me issue.

  Jack and I walked n the entryway , Jack tossed his briefcase o the dining room table. I was still in the entryway when Jack told me to close my eyes firmly shut until he came back.

  I heard his footsteps running down to the bedroom, then hearing his footsteps coming closer.

  ''Ohhhhhhhh Alice, I have a surprise for you, open your eyes.''

   When I opened my eyes to receive something I have never expected.