" blank slate - ♦︎ "

~

A soft moment passed as Ruv walked into the apartment, turning on the lights. "Look I know it isn't.. Perfect, Ruv, but the church is in shambles and cleaning it up is gonna use one hell of an energy boost." she crossed her arms.

"I'm aware. Just.. please make it as quick as possible..." he uncumfortably mumbled to her. She put her hand on her hip. "right, i'll try my best."

it was probably worth mentioning that Sarv had her horns visible the entire day, their moving struggles had been a large stressor to her and she had been sick with anxiety for quite a long time.

"I'm gonna get a drink or two, want some?" she asked, entering the kitchen. "i'm..fine.." he huffed. She shrugged and grabbed something from the fridge, walking back in and laying on the couch, chugging most of it very quickly.

Ruv was still standing.

"what's up? We're for the most part moved in, just relax." Sarv shrugged. Ruv didn't want to say it but he outright hated being unfamiliar with his surroundings.

He slightly pulled himself deeper into his coat and exhaled. "Its fine, Ruv, I paid good―..i paid money for this place, its not like―"

"Sarv, if you say one word about bugs or rodents, I might just throw up." he glared.

"right, well we've got a few days rent with this place, so we can leave when we're back on our feet" Sarv told him, taking a long, cold drink of her rum. "But i'm not worrying about that now, im worrying about me and these two bottles of rum."

Ruvyzvat glared once more and walked off down the hall. Opening a door, he sat on the bed, unsure of how to take it all in. Everything was moving so fast. He was sick and tired of things changing just when they were perfect.

He looked at the window and realised there was a fire escape outside. Ruv quickly opened the window and climbed out, sitting down and closing his eyes.
The cold night air hit his face softly, calming his nerves. He suddenly inhaled and coughed.
Dammit, he thought.

Ruv looked up. "The hell is your problem―" he began and suddenly stopped.

There sat a tall man with a bomb for a head and a cigarette in his hands, his legs dangling off of the railing he was sitting on. "oh, did- sorry dude, i was just trying to chill out, ill cut it out if you wanna breath oxygen or whatever." he shrugged, tossing it off and blowing some smoke.

Ruv took back the words he said silently. "..Sorry for the aggression. Ive been under a lot." he mumbled sitting down on his level's escape.

The stranger sighed. "i get what you mean.." he sighed. "Rent has not been to friendly with grocery money, if yknow what I mean," he explained. "you sound different.. You new here?"

"Yeah," he answered. "well, the name's whitty. Nice to meetcha..." he said waiting for an answer.

"..Ruv." He quietly told him.

"Ruv. I like it." he looked off into the night. Ruv laid on his arms, his knees at his chest.

"Well.. Ruv, if you're also unsure of how you'll get next month's rent, Carol and I have been looking for roommates, if you're up for it." Whitty offered

"..Sarv and I just payed a week's rent and we were gonna pay the rest when we got some more money." he uttered.

"but i don't know if we'll even have enough for food.." he mumbled.

"..if you're willing to have two more roommates in the future, then I guess we could..? I don't know, it'd be just in case we don't end up finding anything in the next week." he told him.

Whitty gave a huff. "think about it. Both of us could benifit from it." he stood up. "anyways, its getting late." the bomb man opened his window. "good luck to ya Ruv."

Ruv heard his window shut and crossed his arms. He didn't know if he could have more change in his life. But changing was the only way he could live under a roof, so he had to let it happen.

He had to talk to Sarv.

~
(i heavily appologise for any spelling mistakes, i skim over these because of how late they're written :(()