Chapter 6

"Sit down." He speaks levelly, still not looking at me. I nervously walk to one of the chairs in front of his desk and sit, crossing my legs. I stare at him feeling sick. He shifts a few papers around, then looks up at me. I clench my jaw. He lets out a breath

"So, there was some news... that was quite shocking. You are not a spy from Cruz Inc. I know that but, you did say some of our information to... someone there." He says, no tone in his voice.

"Sir, I-" I start.

"Go clean out your cubical... then report back to me, Miss. Parker. " He states.

"B-" I start. I feel my eyes start to water.

"Go." He demands. I stand up and walk out. Great. Just perfect! I go to my cubical.

"What are you doing?" Jared asks as I start packing up. I ignore him and gather up my things. "Gabby." I swallow the lump in my throat.

"I think he is firing me. He told me to pack up. Hailey told him about Anthony." I say.

"What?" He groans.

"Yes! Because of that bitch I'm fired! I didn't even share what he didn't know." I whine. I finish packing. "Come over after work, I am making dinner." He stares at me sadly. I pick my belongings up and head back to Nicks office. I close the door and sit where I was before, setting my things beside me on the floor. He clears his throat and gets up. I look at my hands instead of watching him walk around.

"This is a serious business, Gabriella. It isn't some middle school." He says. "I take my work and company very seriously. I won't let anyone ruin my company, if it was big news you told him or not." I bite my lip. " I don't need anything else out... so I'm going to have to remove you." I look over at him.

"B-" I start.

"And make you my assistant." He says. I pause. What did he just say?

"Assistant?" I ask.

"Almost like secretary but you'll actually have to assist me and be more involved with helping me and my needs, and do important errands." He speaks. "But you won't know much of what is going on." I blink staring into his eyes.

"So... I'm not fired?" I ask carefully. He sighs.

"No, Gabriella. You are too good to fire. I can't get rid of you. I don't want to." He says. I bite my lip again. " You'll hold this position until I feel like you won't disob- until I feel like I can trust you again. Your desk is right outside of my office."

"Thank you." I say standing. I'm not going to fight over this and dig a bigger grave. I'm going to take this minor 'L'. I get my things and walk to his door.

"Oh! And Gabriella?" Nick says. I turn to him.

"Yes, sir?" I ask. He smirks.

"Did you, uh, get everything from under my jacket in my car?" He asks. I feel my cheeks warm up. I smile and turn so my back is to him.

"Yeah, I did." I mumble. I walk out and go to my new desk. I sigh feeling like the luckiest person alive. I log onto the computer and email Jared saying I'm still here, but I am now Nicks assistant. Out where the cubicle's are, I see him stand and search around. Finally his eyes come to mine. I raise an eyebrow. He smiles and sits. I smile to myself.

"Gabriella!" Nick calls, popping his head out of his door.

"Yes, sir?" I ask.

"Run downstairs to client help and get a stack of papers labeled PLG. They're in the copy room. " He explains. Well it is more of an order.