PROLOGUE

(Please read the last 2 chapters first to see all of the characters and the main characters before reading. It would be greatly appreciated.)

"Who is Marin(Mare-in)? Is she a disguise? A secret identity gone wrong? The guitarist of Shoreline may be the most popular person- or persona- in New Reef City, but who is the red-inked wonder really? Stay tuned to find out."

     *Click*

     "Marin? Oh yeah, she's great. I talk to her all the time. What does she do out of Shoreline? I don't know- keep to herself? Get privacy? Play the guitar? Why do you wanna know?" "And that was Pearl from-"

     *Click*

    "My partner? What do you want to know about her? She's an idol. That's all you need to know." "Says Curry from Shoreline when asked about her part-

     *Click*

     "Shoreline. The music duo that has taken New Reef City and the world by storm. About 3 years ago, they started being the ones to give the latest news and updates on Turf Wars. But what about one. The fan favorite- the squid that has everyone questioning who they are and idolizing them. This is everything you need to know about Mar-"

     *Click*

     "Marin? From Shoreline? I actually don't know her- but she seems really cool! She's a pretty awesome idol, and her guitar is pretty cool. I wish I could play the guitar..." "Thank you Callie! And now-"

     *Click*

     I turned the TV off and sighed. Placing the remote down, I went to grab my wig. I already had my bright red costume on, and the burgundy contacts. Marin doesn't wear the mask like my true self does, so I currently didn't have it on.

     Before I could grab the wig, my phone rang. The black one. I have 2 phones- a red one for Marin with all of the other idols and my agents and stuff, and a black one, for my friends and the people I know when out of Marin.

     I picked up the call, placing the phone to my ear.

     "Hello?" "Dude- you're like- all over the news AGAIN!" "I know, Oshee- I'm usually on one channel, but I'm on like- all of them. This hasn't happened in 2 years- it's weird." "But cool! What's weird is how nobody has still not found out you're Marin! And it's been what- 4 years since they started wondering?" "Yeah." "How many people know- besides me?" "Only a  select amount of inklings and octolings- obviously Curry knows, and the people on the show know, how else would they get me over in time to be fully in costume and stuff? And a few of my agents- but that's it." "Huh. Well- I got a Turf War in 5- I'll call you later, okay?" "Aight. I have to broadcast anyways. See you later."

After hanging up, I put my wig on. As you can probably tell, I'm Marin. Marin isn't a real person- she's my alter ego. I was born with a rare disorder that doctors have never seen before- I have blank ink. Other inklings and octolings can change their color at will- but I can't. I have to touch another color to be able to- but even then it only changes my hair tips and eye color. After an hour, I am forced to go back to my original color unless I keep changing.

But yeah. I'm Marin.

Marin with the bright red hair in low space buns.

Marin with the beautiful burgundy eyes with squid make-up that looks similar to Callie- but it's really just a mix of inkling and octoling eyes. It's not really makeup though- it's my real eyes, except for the contacts.

Marin with the bright red turtle neck tank top, that ends just below my bra, with sheer puffy tight-like fabric at my sleeves tinted red that ends attached to the bright red gloves I have. It's tight on my shoulders, and then not even touching me on my wrists.

Marin with the dark red high wasted puffy shorts, that end at my thighs, and start just above my belly button.

Marin with the red tights, with holes in them that I cut with scissors myself.

Marin with the white platform boots, making me at least 3 inches taller.

Marin with the white necklace, with a white fish hook at the end.

Marin with the white chopsticks sticking out to the side of my head, coming out of the back of my right bun.

Marin with the white sea-flower on my right side, sitting just above my bangs.

Marin with no face mask, unlike me, because she's and idol, and doesn't need one. Marin is when I show my face to the world.

Marin with the entire city focused on me. Whom if my identity is revealed- inklings and octolings everywhere will hate me.

...

     3 inklings walked down a dark alleyway.

     "You sure Marin's the right person for the job, Gramps?" "Yeah! I mean- she's pretty awesome and has finn-tastic guitar skills- but are you sure she's the perfect inkling for this?"

"I'm positive! She'll be a perfect new Agent 7. She has that look in her eye..."