Away From Home (3/4) || 13

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME 88 VOTES ON THE LAST CHAPTER SKSHSKHSKSHS AM I DREAMING? 😭😭😭😭 Y'ALL ARE AWESOME ILYSMMMM <33333 ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

_____

"where's kook?" hoseok asks softly, getting a disheartened sigh from the eldest as he shakes his head, pointing upstairs to the boy's room, "is he drinking?"

"what else does he do?" jin asks with concern, putting the down the spatula while hoseok nods subtly, too used to seeing jungkook all restless ever since the morning they came to know aera ran away. they approached the police, hoseok himself went with yoongi and namjoon, to hear the uniform clad men and women promising them that they'll find aera in no time and they need not worry too much.

it's the fifth day about to end.

jungkook has been getting annoyed at every little thing, arguing with the police officers who always assured him that they're looking for the girl and will surely inform them as soon as they find anything. by the third day, jungkook felt like the efforts were getting wasted, for all he knew the police was the one who could actually find his sister now and him fighting them wouldn't do any good.

but that didn't mean he was thinking all straight. he was still mad at the hyungs, especially jimin and the two eldest ones, not speaking to them at any cost, ignoring their voices of concern when they saw jungkook skipping meals and only surviving on alcohol which apparently provided him some relief from the harsh reality for he believed that it was his hyungs responsible for everything that happened.

taehyung was the one to have any power over the boy, whom jungkook would talk to without getting mad. taehyung did try to feed him once in a while, sit with him and try not to leave the younger alone, using the excuse of his wounded arm to stay by him when he needed. jungkook almost gave up eveything, and only had his phone always on full ring, hoping that the police officer would call and say that they found his sister and she's fine.

unlike jungkook, jimin didn't shut himself down despite the guilt always weighing him down, he made sure to stay in touch with everything— the hyungs, police, aera's school and pausing the office work for a while, leaving it under his manager, namjoon and yoongi's trusted hands.

"jin hyung," jimin calls in a groggy voice, walking downstairs, his eyes moving from the window to jin's face, "my head..."

"what happened?" the eldest asks, handing the spatula to hoseok, nodding for him to see that the food doesn't burn.

"it hurts," jimin lets out.

"of course, it will," jin sighs, "you haven't slept in the last few days. i'll give you a pain killer for now, and please take a sleeping pill tonight. this is getting too bad for you, jimin. you need some rest,"

"no," jimin shakes his head, "what if they— the police, i mean, calls and i'm sleeping? i'm not taking any pills, hyung,"

"don't be lik—"