Guiding Light

The trio continued on, enjoying the soothing pattering of the rain. Somehow, the storm hadn't passed, and looming clouds hung overhead. An occasional crackle of lightning or a booming of thunder was heard in the distance.

"One of the alleged entities has been dubbed,'Window', as it appears when lightning flashes, outside the window." Seek told (Y/n), lightening the mood with some small talk.

(Y/n) stared, noticing a flicker of red and blue in the distance. Their mind was fixated onto it for as long as they were in the room. All they responded with was,"Mhm.."

Once they'd exited the room, the lights faltered for a moment, and Rush's distorted buzzing was edging closer. (Y/n) saw a staircase down below, occupied only by a boarded up door. Pounding down the steps, they held their breath.

"I see you're out of your area again, Seek. And I see you've brought a friend, too." Rush's husky voice mused.

"I suppose so." Seek responded, glaring up at Figure, who stayed put.

Rush made a noise that sounded like distorted laughter; something monotone,"And here I thought you were the tallest and meanest in the hotel. This guy could clobber you in seconds."

"Rush, we're busy-"

"Hiding your human, Seek?" Rush huskily pestered,"I'll find it sooner or later, just watch me."

"Rush, how long have you spent trapped here in this hotel? Ever wondered what it would be like to finally get out, breathe in fresh air, touch grass? I'm sure you'd like to explore somewhere else, right? Maybe try new foods?" Seek wondered aloud, changing the topic to distract Rush.

"You know what those humans did to us! The owner was the only accepting one, and we killed him! We're monsters, Seek, monsters who kill humans. There's no world where we can live in peace because we ruined the one chance we had!" Rush, enraged, shouted.

(Y/n) heard a voice address them.

"(Y/n), know it is untrue. The entities who inhabit the hotel are more than cold-blooded demons; they are capable of feeling what you do. Within them, they each hold their own morals and even humanity. Don't give up on them, (Y/n).

Despite nobody physically being there, (Y/n) assured,"I won't give up on them.."

Rush heard (Y/n)'s quiet voice and looked at them, seeing how there was a blueish aura emitting from them. Small, white and blue sparkles shone from their body, before fading.

"That damn Guiding Light!" Rush spat out in rage,"Always meddling in the hotel. You've been dead for years, and you still pester us!"

"Know I mean you no harm. I'm here to aid those in need. I refuse to let another fall to the clutches at which you are falling to."

"Shut it with your fancy words; we're not being controlled!"

"Rush, you are filled with hatred because you know you're confined to this hotel; you yearn to be free of these walls. (Y/n) can help you, if you join them on their journey."

Guiding Light had ruffled a couple of Rush's feathers. Clearly, he was caught on the fence about it.

Clenching his teeth, Rush eyed (Y/n)," And how will you help us?"

Gawking at Rush, (Y/n) struggled for words," I-I'll get rid of the entity which is forcing you to.."

Rush's bright, fantastic smile faded, and his face dropped; his visage instead reflected a shock," You have no concern for us! I don't know what you expect me to believe, but it won't be anything coming from you."

" Rush, I don't want to hurt you or be hurt by you." (Y/n) sighed, letting their limbs relax.

Guiding Light's hue softly disappeared, leaving (Y/n) in the dark. Many of the lightbulbs were scattered on the floor, annihilated.

In an intimidating manner, Rush loomed over (Y/n)'s frail form, a sinister smile stretched across his grey face.

"What do you want, Rush?" (Y/n) enquired," What do you want from me? If you want help, then tell me."

Rush's expression was blank, utterly empty. Every human before didn't offer help, but he was weary of manipulation.

"How can I be sure you won't cross me?" Rush persisted, squinting his eyes into a glare.

Seek, who'd been stood patiently up the stairs, hurried down to intervene," Did they cross us?"

He knew he couldn't argue with it but still held distrust.

Heaving out a heavy sigh, Rush changed his tune," Where are you going, even?"

(Y/n)'s face lit up," We're gonna get rid of the entity controlling everyone."

Hovering pensively, Rush took in what was being explained. He'd encountered the entity several times and grew remorseless after each time he'd been punish for stepping out of line, guarding humans.

Outstretching their hands, (Y/n) met an icy cold gust of air. Their fingers were engulfed in a frosty mist, stiffening them thoroughly.

"Must you feel my body? There's nothing to feel." Rush agitatedly hissed.

Marvelling over the entity, (Y/n) forgot to answer. It took Rush another attempt to get (Y/n)'s response," I've never seen something like yourself. "

Lowering himself, Rush levitated in front of (Y/n), at a height which let them see his face fully. His face was a dark grey, containing scattered patches of black. For the majority of Rush's body, it was grey smoke.

Once boredom struck, Rush bellowed,"Alright, that's enough of that. Where are you going?"

"We're going to the elevator to try and escape, to see if the entity follows." The human explained, "If it does, we can confront it there."

"If not?"

"Then we hunt it down to find out what it wants."

"Alright then, I'll let you on your way." Rush muttered, floating away.

As Rush passed into the previous room, (Y/n) walked up the staircase with Seek.