Harry Potter:Dementors

SO

I AM ALIVE

somehow

If you were to ask me how, I honestly wouldn't know

Before I start anything, I just have to say that it was a while ago when I last read Harry Potter (for the 7th time), and I haven't had much time to re-read it, so please correct me if any of this is wrong

Anyways, I'm failing life and school, so I'm back to wattpad because yeah. Because. To be perfectly honest, this is just an excuse to leave math for later, but I also got this idea that I had to write it down

I was just sitting on my bed, re writing my math notes, when I suddenly thought about dementors. Why? No idea. My mind is a strange place, and now that it's school time it's even more messed up. BUT no one came here to hear my life story. I'm not sure why anyone came here actually, but by the title my best guess are theories. Which means it's time to get into this one

As you all probably know, Dementors are fictional creatures from Harry Potter series that represent depression. They are first mentioned in the book 3, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and bla bla bla. Being serious feels kinda weird. No wait, this is kind of really dark topic I'm getting into, so I guess I should be serious. Actually it's a really dark and serious topic but yeah.

Has anyone here ever wondered how do Dementors exist? I mean, there's nothing about their origin in the books, as far as I'm aware, and they are based immortal, which shouldn't be possible. No, we won't talk about the Philosopher's stone. Or Horcruxes. Or the fact that this is a fictional universe. Immortality shouldn't be possible, and throughout the book that is showed with Flammel, Voldemort,  and idk probably somebody else. The main thing is that, even in the world of magic, everything that lives has a certain amount of time on this world. And then it dies. Even the actually immortal creatures like vampires can be killed.

Now.

Tell me one way to kill a Dementor. I'll wait

Patronus?

No. Not really. It just drives then away because it's really bright and happy and stuff. I don't think a single Dementor was ever killed in the series, despite them appearing multiple times. They are dangerous, too dangerous to be kept around. The only reason that they guard the Azkaban is that wizards couldn't do anything about them. Like, what are you going to do? Cast Patronus whole day in every corner of the world until they have nowhere to go and dissappear? I think it's more likely that they'll become immune.

Do you know where I'm going with this?

It's not how to kill Dementor or anything like that. I really wouldn't know. BUT

I can make a theory

Later. I'll focus in this one for now

So.....

Why are Dementor immortal, unlike other creatures?

Maybe it's because they're not alive...

I mentioned vampires earlier. They are immortal, but what let's them be immortal is the fact that they aren't alive. That is common knowledge, of course, but I need more proves for my theory, you know?

March 7th 1297 was a long day. It was dark, cloudy, but most importantly, it was when everything started...

Jk, I randomly chose a date. But seriously now

Dementors are, as I previously mentioned, a symbol for depression. They suck away are your happiness and leave you empty and alone with all your worst memories. Still, after existing for so many years, no one has found a way to get rid of them? Why?

Actually, I talked about this before. They can't. However, what they might be able to stop is appearance of new ones. How? Let me tell you

I won't joke around anymore, or avoid telling the theory. This is pretty dark for what I usually make, but bare with me. I had a terrible day.

What if dementors are souls, so old they started fading away, but bound to the Earth with their sins. As a symbol of depression, they might be people, specifically wizards, who took away their own lives, and are left to wander the world aimlessly, slowly losing their form, sense and reason. After some time, they become what we know as dark, cruel creatures, bringing fate worse than death wherever they go.

As their soul slowly fades away on it's way to become nothing, they have to take the souls of others to stay 'alive', even though they are already dead.  Their souls merge with others, they completely lose any sense of self they might have had, and spend the rest of their endless existence with no goal other than sucking away happiness from people together with their souls.

So yeah, this was pretty dark. I started staring into the wall and forgot what I wanted to say. Bayy