Chapter 1- First Day

A/N: This is my first book so please be generous with your comments and honest feedback will be welcomed. This story will include some instances from seasons 3 and 4 too but if you haven't seen them it will not be a problem because the book mainly focuses on the main characters featured in season 1. I hope you all enjoy this little journey, Happy reading y'll.

P.S. The characters of the story belong to the 13 Reasons Why Franchise, I do not own the characters except the OC of this book. 

Word Limit: 0.7k

Your father just got transferred to California and you somehow managed to convince your dad to let you complete your junior year in Washington DC where he was formerly posted. Being a child of a military parent was sure a struggle. This would be the fourth school in your lifetime of 17 years.

Changing schools sounds like exploring and a fun thing to do but it wasn't. It wasn't easy to say goodbye to your friends whom you thought you'll never leave your entire life. Yes, everyone promises to stay in touch but eventually we go far from them as soon as you realize.

It's no one's fault it's just how life is. You have to move on, meet new people, and trust them no matter how hard it is. If you don't move on, then you are held back by your past and it becomes difficult to grow in the future.

You were going to start your Senior Year and the Last Year of your high school at Liberty High, Crestmont, California; hoping that you'll get to complete the year in this school itself. Provided that it was your first day you were anxious and nervous though you were used to the first days. The school was not too far from your place, it would barely take 15 minutes to walk to reach there. But as it was your first day both your parents accompanied you to drop you off at school by car.

Embarrassing right? Well, they still you like a girl. Sometimes it's sweet but sometimes it gets awkward.

Both your parents got off the car, hugged you, and kissed you. "Have a great day honey" said your mom kissing your forehead. You waved at them saying "Thanks, Bye!" and proceeded towards the main entrance of the school.

It was a beautiful morning. The adrenaline rush of the first day was felt in the air. The blue sky was dotted with fluffy white clouds that drifted lazily in the gentle breeze. The sun was shining bright, but not too bright to be irritating. It felt like a soft and warm kiss against your cheeks.

You were filled with enthusiasm and positive energy as it was the start of your last schooling year. You were the type of person who always believed in the silver lining and was always excited to meet new people.

You chose 6 subjects AP Literature, AP History, AP Biology, Political Science, Mathematics, and French. Your first class was AP Literature and the counselor who gave you your timetable guided you to your class.

The corridor of the school was lined by blue lockers on each side. It was empty as the period had already started and everyone was in their classrooms. The teacher showed you your locker and told you that your class was the first one from the right. You put your things in the locker and took the important things for the class and walked towards the class.

As you opened the door drawing all the attention, you asked for permission to get into the class. You noticed that they were already going to start the class.

"Ah... Miss Y/N Y/Ln, we were going to start without you." The teacher invited you in and introduced you to the class.

"So, Class this is Y/N Y/Ln, she'll be starting her Senior Year today in this school. Y/N why don't you tell us something about yourself?"

"Hello! I am Y/N Y/Ln, I just got admitted to the school and I am looking forward to having a great year with you guys," You said and a guy sitting on the last bench giving out fuckboy vibes cut you off and said, "New girl!" and a couple of boys wearing varsity jackets whooped for no reason and one of them even whistled.

You smiled and replied, "Okay, so I guess I have a nickname already, thank you for being so welcoming."

The whole class including your teacher enjoyed a good laugh at this.

The rest of the day went pretty much the same, introducing and stuff. But from the first day, you learned that this year was not going to be as easy as you thought it would be. Because people at Liberty High are kinda difficult to understand.

A/N: This was just an introduction to how the OC's life is gonna be at liberty high. Stay tuned to see how she will face the ups and downs in her life. And if you liked it then shower your love by voting for this book and commenting on what you loved about it. Comments keep me motivated to write. <333