Chapter 8- Over You.

Summary: Y/N trying to move on after a difficult breakup and realizing what she really wants.

Warnings: Swear words, teenage drinking, kissing

Genre: a little bit of angst and fluff in the end

Word Count: 1.6k

The winter break went simply fine though it was not how you expected it to go. Jessica's parents were so kind to invite you to their place for the Christmas eve dinner and they even gave you Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice a book you always wanted to read, as a Christmas present. You anticipated having a good family time with both your parents on new year's eve, but they had different plans. First, they had to attend a wedding in which you were not at all interested to go and your parents never forced them to do something in which you were not interested. Secondly, to celebrate their 20th anniversary they planned a trip to London where they first met.

It was lovely to see your parents still have that spark in their marriage and that adorable romance between them when your love life sucked. It took you the whole winter break to get over Zach and Jessica being the experienced one had all the post-break-up regime to follow. Most of your break was spent at her place, hanging out with her, watching movies, having deep talks, and listening to her relationship drama. You always admired Jessica because she could have spent the holidays hanging out with Justin, but she knew that you needed her, so she was always there whenever you needed her.

As Jessica's parents were out of town too, she decided to throw a house party before the school reopens for the last term of school life. You were not a party person at all, but you thought it would be good for a change to stay up late and watch a bunch of teenagers get high and talk bullshit. Your only motto to go to the party was to do people-watching.

You wore a floral black dress though dresses were not your thing and you decided to wear a black sweater vest over an oversized white shirt with your favorite pair of ripped jeans. But you were feeling like it tonight, so you decided to wear the dress with a pair of black boots.

The party was going fine but to be honest, you were kind of bored as Jessica was drinking and Justin was taking care of her on the other hand Alex and Charlie were together, so you did not want to interrupt them. You just stood there in a corner observing until a familiar voice broke your focus "Hey Y/N!" said Bryce you looked at him and said, "Hey Bryce."

He tried his best to initiate a conversation and waste your time but you somehow managed to dodge him.

Monty disrupted your isolation, again. Even after all your efforts he was determined to stay there and flirt with you which was not appealing at all. You started getting uncomfortable and wanted to get out of it. Clay came as a savior. He just came to the party and noticed you being uncomfortable around Monty, so he came to you and put one of his hands on your shoulders, and pretended that he wanted to talk about something serious.

"Hey, Y/N I needed to talk to you about something," said Clay.

With that, we moved away from Monty and went into the garden outside.

"Clay, did you forget your way to the library? I do not know if you've noticed this is a party and people have fun here" you teased him.

Clay playfully rolled his eyes and said, "Actually I do know it's a party and you are welcome."

You forgot that this guy helped you get out of that boring, unpleasant conversation with Monty.

"Right, sorry. Thank you so much for helping me, nerdy boy."

He smiled and said "Was it okay to put my hand on your shoulders? I didn't have time to ask for consent and stuff because it had to be spontaneous."

You replied, "It's completely okay Clay, and also you know I call you nerd just because I think it's a cool nickname, I don't mean to bully you or something if you want, I'll stop."