Chapter 3- Proving Your Worth

Summary: She finally decides to talk to the school Coach about whether she can play for the school team or not. 

Warnings: Some swear words.
Word count: 1.2k

It had been a couple of weeks since you joined the school. You were starting to understand the school and its students and made a fairly good impression on the teachers and classmates with your wit, humor, and intellect. You didn't have a friend by now, the only person you had talked to was Clay Jensen who was more of an acquaintance. You were looking forward to having a friendship with Jessica Davis who was the student body president of the session. She was badass and sassy.

However, making friends was a secondary thing at the moment. As things were settling you decide to have a word with the coach. You knew it was not going to be easy, but you believed in yourself and decided to talk to him in your gym class.

You walked up to him and said "Good Morning Coach, I am Y/N Y/Ln. Can I be a part of the school's basketball and baseball team?"

"Sorry kid, we don't have a girls' team in school. But if you want to join the cheerleading squad, you can talk to Ms. Davis. She is the leader of the squad." He replied and started walking towards the baseball field where all the boys were warming up for a match.

"What if I prove myself?" You shouted gaining the attention of the coach and all the boys on the field.

"What do you mean?" the coach enquired.

"I mean what if you test me who has been trained by her father, with these guys who have been trained by you and are eligible to be in the team? What if I prove my worth?" you said with full confidence.

"Then I might take you in the team if you beat them in the game. Taking to the school authorities would be my job. Show what you got." The coach replied.

The coach explained that you first will be playing as the hitter and must earn the maximum score and then you will be evaluated on your pitching skills. Your best skill was pitching but you were not that bad at hitting too. You had confidence and with your head held high, you proceeded toward the field.

The boys were underestimating you, they thought you couldn't hear them, but you clearly could. Those giggles and remarks on you lowered your confidence a bit but you had to keep yourself together.

You took the position of the hitter and looked eye-to-eye with the pitcher. "Charlie" Bryce who was the right fielder shouted at the pitcher and made some gesture telling him to strike you out.

Charlie threw the ball, and you missed it earning the first strike. All the boys on the field started laughing and that ignited a fire inside you. After that, there was no stopping. Homerun after homerun, you kept scoring until you finally got out.

You didn't score a million points, but it was enough to intimidate those giggling assholes. Now you took the position of the pitcher, and the coach sent their best hitter Zach Dempsey. He was tall nearly six feet and had a well-built body. At the first sight, your hormones were distracting you from the game, but you told yourself to focus and reminded yourself that there was a bigger fish to fry in front of you.

As he was the best it wasn't easy playing with him, but you strike him out in ten minutes. The next player was Justin Foley this time you didn't let your hormones distract you. He was easier than Zach and you strike him out in five to seven minutes.

The coach was impressed by you and made you a part of the team. The boys who were giggling and underestimating you had a sense of respect towards you because you just kicked their ass.

You were packing your things and Justin came running towards you. "Hey, Y/N!" you turned towards him, and he continued "Your hell of a player, seriously I haven't seen anyone play like that before."

"Thank you," you said.

"Um... Can I ask you for a favor?" Justin asked.

"Sure, what is it?"

"I am fighting with my girlfriend Jessica, Jessica Davis. You must have heard of her. I want you to help me make things right with her."

"How can I help with that; she is not my friend or anything." You enquired.

"Exactly, if a new girl will hit on me and will try to take her place, she will freak out and come back to me. Please?" he said making a puppy face that you couldn't resist.

"Meet me at Monet's after school and I'll do the rest." You explained him.

Using your new girl's popularity, you spread the word in the school that you and Justin were going to meet up in Monet's after school which you thought was enough to get Jessica's attention.

You meet Justin at Monet's and he had already ordered a drink for himself. As you arrived, he asked you what you would like to drink and went up to the counter to order your drink.

You and Justin sat in the little cozy corner of the café and got to talking mostly you were talking about the game. You ask him "What did you do that she is mad at you?" He answered awkwardly "I uh... ghosted her for a week, I mean it wasn't my fault I had to practice for the game. She thought that I was ignoring her and hanging out with the guys instead."

While he was speaking you noticed Jessica enter the café and kept your hand on Justin's arm to show that you were flirting.

Jessica pats your shoulder and You and Justin both stand up. Justin made that oh-shit-I'm-caught face and you faced her giving a neutral expression. Everything was going according to the plan so far.

"What do you think you're doing? It hasn't even been two weeks of you in this school and you are stealing people's boyfriends already?!" Jessica raged these words at you.

Justin was going to say something, but you cut him off by saying "I wasn't trying to steal anyone's boyfriend, we came here as friends and Justin is sorry for what he did. Please forgive him. And I wanted your attention, and I got it. Nice to meet you, Ms. President."

"I like you," said Jessica in an impressive tone.

"So, you forgive Justin? Or shall I ask him out?" you asked her.

"Yes, of course, he is too precious to lose," she said and then kissed Justin and wrapped her arms around him.

Justin thanked you and the three of you had a good talk while sipping your favorite drinks. Till the end of the day, you had two people whom you could call friends and became a part of the school's team. The day was productive AF.

Shower your love by liking and commenting on the post and voting for it if you like it. It's truly motivating, and refrain from copying, plagiarism, or posting on any other platform.

THANK YOU!!!

P.S.: I also have a blog on tumblr @misschanadlerbong, feel free to check it out :)