Chapter 7

Matt was still holding me back as they pulled out Severide. I couldn't hear everything they were saying it was like all sound around me got muted and all I could focus on was trying to get out of Matt's arms. I was just standing there watching them putting his unconscious body up on a gurney when Violet started doing chest compression on him while Sylvie was bagging him. I started screaming after him when Stella told Matt to let me go and I ran towards the ambo as they rolled him into the back and we drove off towards Med.

As we arrived he got rolled into the ED and Sylvie started speaking but I couldn't really hear what she was saying when Dr. Rhodes came over and took him from here and I felt Violet hold me back as I watched drive away with him into bagdad.

Short time after the rest of squad and truck had arrived and Violet handed me over to Matt who took me out in the waiting room when I broke down completely.

"He has to be okay, he has to make it. He can't go like this!" I said hitting my brothers chest as he just held around me tightly while cried into him and I felt him kiss my head and someone's hand on my back which I soon come to realise is Stella's.

"He's gonna be okay Sky. He's been through worse things than this and made it through them" He said trying his best to reassure me but I don't want to believe anything before I've seen any proof of that he will in fact be okay and that's hen it comes right out of me like it's nothing as I start going off at my brother.

"What can possibly be worse than getting blown up? I'm pregnant Matt. I don't want my kids to grow up without a father" I yelled slightly as the room became silent for a moment as I broke down again on the floor and he came down and wrapped his arms around me without saying anything at first.

"Sky, trust me when I say he's gonna make it through this and your kids will have a dad" He said hugging me and this was any normal situation where one of us weren't in a slight coma he probably would be half way with ripping Severide apart because he made his baby sister pregnant, but I'm sure that will come later on once everything is okay again.

We sat like that for a while when Dr. Rhodes came out and stood up immediately with Matt hoping for good news and that's when he smiled at us and it's like a big weight got lifted off my shoulders.

"Kelly is awake and stable now. He was really lucky with this one and only got a broken arm and a minor head injury, so we recommend he stays overnight for observation" Dr. Rhodes said as Boden thanked him and I hugged Matt as he took me in to Kelly's room and I ran over hugging him.

"Don't ever scare me like that again Kelly, okay? Our baby is gonna need their father" I said kissing him deciding to break the news to him now that Matt also knows. Kelly looked confused at me and then at my brother who just started smiling at him.

"Congrats man" He said bro hugging him as they did their handshake thing I've never really understood.

"I'm gonna be a dad!" Kelly said all excited as he placed his hand on stomach and I leaned down to kiss him again smiling at him.

"It's too early to feel anything yet. I only found out this morning and was going to tell you but then this happened so yeah" I said smiling a bit as he laughed and Casey walked out giving us some privacy as he patted the spot in the bed next to him and gestured for me to come lay next to him.

"I need both my girls here to heal faster" He said snuggling into me as I laughed at him.

"So you think it's gonna be a girl?" I asked as he nodded his head smiling.

"Should we make this into a bet within the firehouse?" I asked as he nodded his head again and I looked down seeing he was asleep as I kissed the top of his head just holding him in my arms happy to have him back again.