Chapter 1

Harry walks through the all too familiar wall between platform 9 and 10, ending up at platform 9¾. He walks up to Hermione who's chatting with Ron a couple of meters to Harry's right.

'Ey mate, how was your summer?' Ron greets him.

'It was fine,' Harry answers while giving Hermione quick smile to say hello.

Ron is still rambling on about his summer when the train arrives. The trio hops on and sit in the first empty compartment, Ron is quick to buy lots of candy and Hermione shakes her head in disapproval while trying to get a book out of her bag. Harry puts his back against the wall next to the compartment door and slowly falls asleep.

Hermione is reading the new charms textbook when suddenly Harry starts saying something in his sleep, she looks at Ron who heard it too and then back at Harry. He's mumbling things like 'I'm sorry' and 'I didn't mean to' when Hermione decides she should wake him up, so she gets up and cautiously walks over to the sleeping boy and starts shaking his shoulders. Harry wakes up gasping for air and grabs on to the first thing he can find, which in this case, is Hermione.

'Harry, what happened, are you okay?' she asks.

'What? Yeah yeah, I'm fine.'

'What happened, Harry?' she asks again.

'Just a nightmare, it's nothing really,' he answers.

'Alright.'

Hermione goes back to her spot and makes eye contact with Ron, who just shrugs and continues eating his candy.

----------time skip----------

The train starts to slow down, and everyone gets up from their place to get out.
The Golden Trio starts maneuvering their way around the first years, who are standing everywhere with their mouths wide open, to get to the carriages. They sit down with Luna Lovegood and Neville Longbottom across from them.

The students make their way to the Great Hall and the sorting begins. After all the first years were put in their house and Dumbledore finished his speech, the feast starts, and food appears on all the tables.

Harry plays around with the food on his plate while Ron devours everything on his and Hermione keeps sending him quick glances filled with concern.
After a while Harry mumbles an excuse and leaves the Great Hall to go to the Gryffindor dorms.

What he didn't notice was that a certain blonde had had his eyes locked on him the entire time.

A/N:
This seriously sucks lol, but I just don't know wtf to do with the beginning. I promise it'll get better skdhakdhsj.