old chapter 3

// NOTICE //

I'll be using she/her pronouns for the protogen now instead of 'it'. Just wanted to let you know so you don't get confused.

You wake up, still tired. You rub your eyes open and check the time. Saturday, 11 AM. "Guess I slept a bit late." You thought. You get up from you bed and go downstairs to make something to eat. When you get into your living room, you catch the protogen, making something on your stove.

"Hello again, Y/N." She waves at you while flipping something on a pan.

"Hey." You reply.

"What do you want to do?" She asks in a cheerful tone.

"Hmm... I was just going to eat something."

"Well, what do you want?"

"Oh yeah, it is a robot." You forgot. "Just some lunch." Soon enough, a few minutes later, you see some scrumptious food on your table. You're amazed, once again! This is definitely something better than the boring stuff you eat everyday. "This is really good!" You say between bites of food. "How do you make this?"

"Oh, it's easy." She says. "You just take some Tabasco , and sprinkle it on some frozen corn, and then put it in a Ziploc bag..." That goes on for a few more minutes. Of course, you didn't get any of it.

"Well, what do you want to do now?" She asks in a cheery tone.

You start thinking on what to do. Maybe play a board game? Well, it wouldn't be very fun to play against a robot. What about going outside? It's cold, it's boring, and you and her would just be standing there, doing nothing. Not very fun. Hey, what about watching TV? Well, it's better than losing to a perfect AI or standing outside, so watching TV it is.

"I guess we could just watch TV." You reply to her question.

"Perfect!" She exclaims. You walk over, turn the TV on, and sit yourself on the couch. The protogen is only inches away from you, sitting in a formal and polite position, with her hands crossed on her lap. "So, what are we going to watch?" She asks.

"Hmm.... How about a movie?" You answer.

"That would be great."

You insert the DVD into the player and press play. The movie is a simple, romance-centric boring movie. While you don't really find the movie very entertaining, the protogen stares at the TV with a shocked expression on her visor for the whole length of the movie. When the credits roll, you look over to her and asked how she thought of the movie.

She looked as if she was in complete shock. "I didn't know humans could love each other..."

"Of course we do." You chuckle. "That's basic human stuff."

"Really? It wasn't just made for the movie?"

"No, it wasn't. How about I show you another movie?"

She nods and you grab another cheap romance movie. As you put the DVD into the player, the protogen asks you about how this "Love" works.

"Well, I can't really explain it very well." You tell her.

"So, when two people have feelings for each other, they tell them about their feelings, and if they feel the same way, they're basically in a relationship. You'll have to really feel love to know the true thing." You explain.

"Wow.... That sounds amazing." She gasps in awe.

"I know... It is amazing." You say in a solemn tone, hiding the fact you've never actually had a girlfriend. As you and her watch the movie, she starts looking at you.

"Y/N.... Have you felt love yourself?"

"No, not really. I've never had much of a love life. Maybe when I get a bit older, I can start looking harder into it."

"Well... What about me?" She blushes.

"Of course! You're a great robot." You scratch her fluffy hair, smiling to her. She turns pink and covers her visor. "Y/N!..." She says, embarrassed.

"Oh! I'm sorry.." You apologize.

"No, it's okay... You just surprised me."

"Sorry, I didn't know." You chuckle. "How's the movie?"

"So..... The boy goes up to the girl, and tells to them how they feel, and they automatically accept their love?"

"No, it's not like that. The other person has to feel the same way towards them."

"Like me and you, Y/N?"

"Huh?" You pause. "Well, you're a robot.. I don't know how that would work-"

"Don't worry.." She whispers to you, her paw caressing your face. As she leans into you, the phone vibrates with a text notification. You get up from the couch and check the phone. A text from Dad!

"Hey son! How's the protogen?" He texts to you.

"Pretty good. I think I get how it works now." You text back.

"That's my son! You'll be a great Wondertech engineer someday! See you soon!"

You set the phone down and look to the protogen. "Sorry..." She murmurs. "It's fine." Your face blushes.

"You can put in another DVD. I'm going to take a shower." You tell her.

"But.. How do I do that?" She asks for your assistance.

"Oh, it's easy." You guide her to the DVD player and show her how to put a DVD in and play it. All the time, her paws are holding your hand.

"Hey, why are you holding my hand?" You question her.

"Oh, that's what the couple did in the movie, right?"

"But... But we're not a couple."

"..."

"Yeah, I think I'm gonna take a shower now. Have fun with your movie."

"Alright..."

As you go upstairs and start the water, you can't stop thinking about her. What was she doing? Does she really have feelings for you? Do... you have feelings for her?

Once you get out of the shower, you go downstairs. You see the protogen already went into sleep mode, and the TV is turned off. "Hmm, weird." Giving no second thought, you go back upstairs and put yourself onto your bed. Once you get comfortable, you hear the soft creaking of your door. You look over to see the protogen looking at you. "Hmm?" You mumble.

"Oh... Sorry for waking you up.." She apologizes. "Can I sleep with you?"

"... What?"

"Sorry.. I just wanted to ask."

"Uhh... Sure."

She climbs on to your bed and hugs you tight. "Oh Y/N, you're so nice!" She giggles. You do feel very nice. You can tell she feels the same way, with that blushing look on her visor.

"Y/N... Do you like me?"

"Of course I do."