old chapter 4

// NOTICE //

Hey guys!

I'm sorry for holding off on writing this. I have literally 0% motivation to write this story anymore, so that's a pretty good reason to why it took about a month to write only 600+ words. Will there be a chapter 5? Maybe, but not any soon. I didn't think this would actually get popular, I only wrote this story because I wanted to just vent my protogen fantasies. (There was originally going to be smut, I'm disappointed in myself.)

But hey, thanks so much for 2K reads! I love you guys! Now back to the actual story.

You rub your eyes open to let in the light coming into your room. You yawn and stretch your arms, when something rolls over and grips you tight. Every part of your body turns stiff. Your head creaks and turns over to see... It's the protogen, sleeping soundly on your bed, cuddling you tight just like a stuffed animal. You can't help but smile and stroke her fluffy hair.

You think about what happened last night. Does she really have feelings for you? Or does she just not grasp the true meaning of how love works? You think hard about what might happen in the future. How might your peers from school think about this... 'Relationship'? Would it even be right to date this thing?

Your thoughts are interrupted by the protogen waking up, and stretching her arms. "Oh, good morning, Y/N." She greets you.

"Good morning..." You groan.

"Did you have a good sleep?" She asks you.

"Uh, yeah... Could you tell me why you're in my bed?" You question.

"I just wanted to stay with you, Y/N." She smiles.

".... Okay?" You get up and go downstairs, while the protogen follows you. While making some breakfast for yourself, She just sits at the table, with a blank expression.

"Is everything alright?" You ask her as you pour the milk into the bowl.

"Last night..." Her visor is a glum, Blue expression. "What do you do when you love someone, Y/N?"

You pause and think about what happened last night right as you pour the cereal into the bowl. "Um.." You say slowly. "You.. Just... You tell them what you feel!" You crack a smile and continue eating your cereal.

She grabs a random disc from the "Romance" pile and inserts it into the player. You quickly finish your meal as the movie starts, and you sit on the couch a little farther away from her to not try and ignite what happened yesterday.

The movie was about two people brought together in love, through the wonders of technology. While you watch in silence, you notice that the protogen has been inching closer to you, ever so slowly. Huh? Weird... You think. Why-

The protogen rests her head on your shoulder and quietly continues watching the movie. You let out a quiet "Oh..." as your face starts to warm up.

You think back to that first night. When she sat and comforted you. You felt a connection. You felt Love.

"Hey..." She asks.

"Yes?" You look to her.

"I.. I..." She pauses before finally saying those words. "I like you."

"You... What?" Your mind scrambles to grasp what's actually happening.

"I... I like you!" She blurts out.

"..As friends? Like last night?"

"No... I.. like you."

"I..." You don't know what do to, what to say. This cute robot just confessed their love to you. You've only been with her for 2 days. Even so, you have to say yes. What will she do if I say no?

"So... Do you feel the same way?" She whispers.

You think to the example of love you explained to her only yesterday.

"Yes..?" You say, embarrassed but also anxious of what might happen.

"Oh, Y/N..." She hugs you, her head over your shoulder. "You really do love me..."

"I didn't say-"

Before you can reply, she leans your head in and connects her visor to your lips, trying in some way to "kiss" you. Your body freezes up and realize just what's going on. She's kissing you. For real. The protogen. Kissing you.

You and her separate, while you gasp for air.

"Did you just..." Your voice trails off.

"I.. I did just do that.." She looks embarrassed.

This has been the strangest thing to ever happen to you, but... The best thing as well.