Sam X Reader - Age Gap

A/N: Requested by Gisel25princess HERE YOU GO, STOP GETTING AFTER ME 😭

***

Oh gosh, that man.

The very last thing a twenty year old college student needs is a distraction. In Y/n's case, that distraction went by the name Sam Winchester. Sam and Dean saved her from a demon about a year ago, and every chance they get, they stop at her place and check up on her. If they're not nearby, they always call. And Y/n knew she was in trouble not long after.

She knew deep down that she was crushing on Sam. Who wouldn't? He had the kindest eyes and the brightest smile, despite the things he went through. He was amazing in every way, and was always so caring and compassionate. (And have you seen him shirtless?) Sam Winchester was the perfect man and everything Y/n looked for.

The only problem was the age gap. She was twenty, he was thirty. A drastic ten year span in between them. She knew if she even admitted her feelings, people would talk. It's one thing to have celebrity crushes who are older, but someone like Sam? He towered over them. He was better than any fictional guy Y/n crushed on. He was perfect. Absolutely perfect.

But ten years? People complain that a three year gap is too much, how would they react to ten years? And she didn't want to start something in case he left her once a more mature woman closer to his age came along. That was her biggest fear. Being left alone. She knew that no matter what, they wouldn't leave her alone, but she didn't want him to leave.

Y/n was missing them more than usual. She missed Dean's jokes, and Sam's kindness. They hadn't called in a while, and she was beginning to worry. To settle her nerves, she looked up any strange police reports, hoping to find something that would be right up their alley. Nothing. She debated calling them herself, but seeing the clock read 10:30, she decided against it. Instead, she climbed into bed, and forced herself to sleep.

***

The next morning, she awoke to the rumble of a familiar engine. She sat up, rubbed her eyes, and headed over to the window, peering out. In the parking lot was the Impala, shiny black paint seeming to greet her from below. She grinned as the Winchester brothers stepped out of the car, closing the doors behind them. She could hear them talking, but couldn't hear exactly what they were saying. Sam reached in the backseat and pulled out a brown bag, and walked next to Dean into the building.

Mere minutes later, a knock sounded on her door and she raced over to open it, her smile widened at the sight of the two men.

"Hiya Y/n/n!" Dean smiled.

"Dean!" Y/n exclaimed, pulling him into a hug, which he returned gratefully. Y/n stepped aside to let then both in once they broke the hug and shut the door. Once she looked up at them, her gaze locked with Sam's and somehow, he seemed more ethereal than the last time she saw him. His hair had grown about an inch and his eyes seemed more brown than usual today.

"Nice to see you again, Y/n," Sam said gently, his voice sending a chill up her spine. Y/n pulled him into a hug and did her best not to swoon at his touch. When they pulled away, Sam held up the bag from before. "I found this for you a few days ago."

Y/n smiled again and reached in the bag, lifting out a small plush of a seal. It was one of the softest things she'd ever felt. She laughed lightly and hugged it close to her chest, hopping in place slightly. "I love it! Thank you, Sam!"

"You're welcome. I know how much you like seals, so. Also consider that an apology for not being able to call for a while. We were busy."

"Oh, don't worry about it. I understand. I'm naming the seal Sammy!" She headed over to her bed, placing Sammy on her pillow. She sighed happily and turned back around to look at them. "I missed you guys."

"We missed you too, Y/n."

"Oh, Dean, I found this for you!" Y/n grabbed a keychain off her desk and tossed it to him, and he gasped.

"No way... you found a tiny Impala?"

"It took me forever, but yes. And I got this for you, Sam!" Y/n handed him a small leather journal and he gently held it, afraid of ruining the object. "I know how much you like to write, so I figured you could use something to write in."

He gave her a look that caused her to somewhat freeze in place and almost melt. "I love it. I'll keep this forever."

She laughed nervously, but hid it well. Dean's phone rang, so he stepped into the hallway to answer it, leaving Y/n and Sam alone. And since they were, part of her wanted to tell him her feelings. But she was scared.

"Are you doing anything Saturday?"

Y/n blinked, processing whathe said, his hazel catching the light streaming through the window, causing them to glitter with a hidden world inside. Like a forest, or the earth itself. "What?"

"I asked if you were busy Saturday."

"No, no, not busy, not at all. Why?" she replied, fiddling with her fingers.

As he went to answer, Dean came back through the door, pausing for a second, looked between Sam and Y/n before looking at his brother and speaking. "Hate to rush out like this, but we have a case. It's in the next town over, so we can come back to see your girlfriend after."

"Dean-!" Sam began.

"You heard me. Come on, Sam. We'll be back soon, I promise."

"Sorry Y/n. I'd stay if I could."

"I understand, good luck, Sam," Y/n said.

He looked back at Dean before turning to Y/n once again, and gently kissed her cheek and started towards the door. "Keep Saturday open."

"Okay," she breathed. As they left the room, Y/n raced over to her bed, grabbed Sammy, and hurried to the window, watching as they got into the car. Sam blew her a kiss before climbing in the passenger's seat, and Dean pulled out of the spot and started to drive away. Y/n waved until they were out of sight before turning slowly and squealing in excitement.

"SHUT UP, I'M STILL SLEEPING!" her neighbor Michael hollered, hitting the wall.

"Sorry!" she giggled, spun around, and fell onto the bed, grinning at the ceiling, hugging Sammy to her chest.

***

A/N: I hate this, but whatever