Chapter 3: Arrival

Once again the white tiled floors greeted me, and the rolling flames were smaller now, miniscual to the vast space. The mirror was gone, and the dark blonde locks were in curls that cascaded down to the small of my back.

"Eta." I turned and the being stood before me, the light slowly dimming. I still could not see the being though.

''Maybe it is because I have not written out his character yet.' I thought as I reached out to touch the being.

"Do not touch me Eta." The being hissed as he backed up.

"Why not Fenex?" I asked. In my last dream he was able to.

"You don't touch beings like me, but we can touch you." He said stepping closer to me again. He reached out and ran a finger through the curls in my hair. "You look like adorable with these curls. So sweet, so innocent."

Fenex smiled a devilish smile, and it sent shivers down my spine.

"I'd love to take that away from you."

I gulped. "Fenex? What are you saying?"

"Once you can see through my heavenly, or should I say hellish, form, you will be mine, in soul, mind," Fenex stepped closer, his supposed face only inches from me, his hand tracing down my side. "and body."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I woke up in a cold sweat, my blood pounding through my veins as I sat up as fast as I could, nearly falling out of the airplane seat.

"Welcome back to the world of the living." Colin said as chill as possible, one eyebrow raised in question.

"Colin, I have to get rid of that book." I said as I adjusted myself back in the seat.

"But that is what you have been working on for a long time!" He protested. "The publishers want it! The public craves it! You can't deprive them of that work!"

"You don't understand Colin. It haunts me, and I must get rid of it!" I said looing over at him with a glint of anger in my eye.

"Be reasonable about this." Colin said. "We can discuss this further once we get back."

He reached out and put a hand on my shoulder. I winced at the touch, remembering Fenex and how he had been with me.

Colin went back to reading through a book to which the cover I couldn't see. Colin was very good about putting book covers on books so I couldn't see what they were.

"What are you reading?" I asked, trying to look over at the book.

"Nothing really, its pretty boring." He said, shutting the book. "We should be landing in England soon."

Another subject change. I had a feeling Colin was hiding something from me, but if he was reading my book there was nothing to be ashamed about. I would really feel quite honored if he was, and just a little bit embarrassed because its him. He could be judging my writing, my storyline, or anything written in there.

But I could really care less.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

We landed in England, and Colin had made sure that there was someone waiting for us at the airport to take us to the hotel.

It was someone from the England Author's Association, because they greeted me with a hug and a warm smile. I recognized them from one of the meetings, but they themselves weren't an author. They worked there.