Hunter's Girlfriend

Chapter Zero

I ran across the deserted streets, and entered the abandoned Wal-Mart. The doors were surprisingly open, and so I wouldn’t have to pry the open. And set off the alarm. And attract a horde of zombies. Since they’re sensitive to noise.

Searching. What am I searching for? I filled my backpack with the fresh meat, lighters, alcohol bottles, medical kits, whatever was in needed for my survival.

Slitting a thin slice away from the glass case, I reached my hand into the tinted case, taking one gun away slowly by a time. If someone would try to steal it, a.k.a breaking the glass, the alarm wuld be set off.

As my backpack got heavier, I could feel my shoulders begin to sore.

“Luv?” I yelled, hearing my voice echoing in the ghost halls. Hunter comes bounding, holding a baggie of chocolate-coated raisins, his favorite, with a backpack on his shoulders. “Can you take this?” I asked, holding the heavy backpack. He growlingly sighed, and swapped the empty backpack with the heavy one, then shoved his head down the bag. I giggled, but stayed serious. We had to move as fast as we could.

Leaving the mall, I sighed. I was probably the luckiest, and the only, girl in the world. Having Hunter, my beloved boyfriend, by my side. That is, since if you would count a Hunter, a special infected who has sharp claws to rip you, and super-bouncing ability to pounce on you. Sure, I would count that.