1 - Suman should get married

"Didi, listen to me, Suman is now 26, we should start looking guys for her now that she is independent, this is the perfect age of marriage" I mentally rolled my eyes at my maami (maternal aunt)

She is again brainwashing mumma, I don't know what sort of issue she has with me but everytime she's convincing my mother for something that I don't want.

Who would want to get married at 26? Hell who would want to get married AT ALL?!

I'm Captain Suman Purohit, your normal army doctor who is on her casual leave, mentally scowling at her maami ji for starting an absurd topic

Does she want me to waste the 20 days of my holidays in going some random blind dates with a guy who could turn out to be a psychopath, a sociopath or a necrophile.

I gazed  at my mother, hoping she wouldn't notice how displeased I was with the conversation but again I'm not that lucky.

"But Ankita, I don't think she can handle so much of responsibilities as yet, she's still a bit immature" Although it was kind of like an insult for me, but the shameless person inside me grinned internally, atleast mom was not considering marrying me off to a um may be psychopath, sociopath or a necrophile

"Di, who's asking you to just land Suman on the mandap, I'm just suggesting you to let her meet a guy and know him, if she comes to like him, we can get them engaged and when they both are ready we can get them married, but before 30 please" She completed while chuckling at the last part.

And I'm suggesting you to just shut your mouth and leave this damn house this instance...... Please.

"What you're saying is correct" What the fuck mumma you can't ditch me.

"But how do we find a nice guy for her, it's not possible to judge anyone quickly and I don't want to find out something bad about a guy when my daughter starts liking him" My mother's voice was laced with concern.

Just drop the idea of marrying me then, and you old woman, GET OUT OF MY DAMN HOUSE, YOU'RE ALWAYS MIXING POISON IN MY CALM LIFE!

Obviously I've no guts to say it out loud.

"There is a guy I know, actually he's my cousin's nephew and really nice guy for our Suman, wait a min" she paused and started scrambling through her bag before pulling out her phone "look at him, he's the guy" She grinned at my mother.

I swear to god she's crazy, is she planning to make me meet him today?

I'm afraid if I by chance got married with that guy, she'll probably come to our room on our wedding night and say 'babies are so cute no, why don't you make some?'

It's scary! I'll talk to mom about it just let the lady leave.

"The guy's really good looking, now that I think about it, he would look really good with Suman" My head snapped at her at the speed of light.

What?!

My mother was smiling looking at the device.

"What's his name?" Mom asked maami while I stood up from my seat to leave.

I can't take this!

Why do I need to marry someone? I can take care of myself I don't need any stranger.

Growing up marriage was never in my mind, after school my focus was to get into AFMC. I wanted to join the army just like my father.

I'll talk to papa about this mess and maami.

I don't understand why does she have to poke her nose in other's business.

Look after your childern why giving shitty advices to my mom for me.

I walked into my room and my gaze landed on to a photo frame from my 12th grade.

It was a group picture of the 12th class of all the streams.

I closed my eyes remembering those days, I was so focused on getting into AFMC that I literally went invisible on everyone.

Only Kanchan and I were in contact as we both got into AFMC but after joining the duty I haven't talked to her.

Growing up, you become busy even to the most important people in your life.

I stared at the frame, there he stood beside me smiling at the camera while his girlfriend stood to his left.

He looked happy. I smiled at the memory of my first day at Army Public School Bhopal.

After dad's posting we came to Bhopal from Delhi after my 10th.

It was my first day at the new school and I wasn't happy at all. We were in Delhi for 6 years.

Flashback :

Dad was posted to Delhi when I was in 6th grade, after 3 years he was posted to Kashmir, hence we stayed at Delhi.

Spending 6 years there I was feeling really emotional leaving everything behind.

But gathering all my courage I walked inside the school campus. 

I kept my bag on the second bench and sat there for a while, hoping someone would come and talk to me but it didn't happen.

Growing tired I stood up and went to roam around the school.

There were too many display boards, some club boards, some house boards.

I was walking with my focus fixed on the boards, they were very beautiful and creative.

Suddenly someone came running towards me and collided into me resulting in both of us to fall on our butts.

I groaned, it's my first day and here I'm on the floor, with everyone looking at me, god so embarrassing.

I looked forward to find a guy, a really good looking one, he was wearing specs.

He stood up studied my face and walked away. I was frozen, I didn't know what was that, a sorry would have been fine but seems like people here knows no manners.

I stood up on my own, turned on my heels and walked towards the direction of my class.

Nice start!