04.

CHAPTER FOUR

BETTER LAWYER UP

BETTER LAWYER UP.

"Holy shit..." Penny gasped as the pair stepped inside the museum. Multiple men were carrying around toolboxes, fixing broken pipes, displays, floor tiles. "We're not in Kansas anymore."

Steven elbowed the girl before gaping at the mess himself. The duo turned toward J.B. who happened to be roping the place off. "Bruv, hey. It's proper mad in there." He hurriedly whispered.

"What happened? What is it?" Steven inquired, approaching his coworker as Penelope simply kicked a few broken pieces of linoleum around.

"They're saying burst pipes, but it don't look like that to me." J.B. blew air out of his cheeks with a chuckle.

"Has anyone seen the security footage?"

"Well, yeah I was about to." The man spoke softly.

"Alright, I think I should go with you, yeah? I may have some information about it." Penelope's head perked up as the two men started the walk away. She shuddered at the thought of a werewolf still looming somewhere in the building and quickly ran after them.

••

"Do not tell Donna that I let you into this arena." Was all that Penny heard as she followed the men in.
"Uh-uh-uh!" J.B. raised a finger at her to stop the girl. "Employees only."

"Oh please." She rolled her eyes as she grabbed a rolling chair and scooted up in front of the computer. J.B. scoffed before turning to Steven for help, but Steven only continued to give the man a fair warning about the 'craziness' about to be seen.

Nothing on screen happened for the first ten seconds, only Steven assuring the two to "wait for it."

"How long am I waiting?" J.B. deadpanned as Penelope snorted.

Steven suggested a different angle which didn't show anything out of the ordinary. "Mr. Steven, are you sure you weren't like, I don't know, hallucinating?"

J.B. nodded in agreement. "What are you doing, you donut? You messed up the loos! Larry in maintenance is going to absolutely shoot you!!"

"Was it like a Shitzu puppy? Maybe that's why we couldn't see it?" Penny suggested.

"Egyptian Jackal, it was a Jackal!"

As J.B. changed camera angles again, the image of Steven slowly approaching the camera overtook the monitor. His eyes were dark, shoulders pushed back as he strode with confidence, he came from the back bathroom that he had disappeared into just moments before.