A Necklace?

Hadrian's P.O.V

It is now December 10th. I have done the practical work and read all the books for 4th year. This year me and Caspian turned 9, Moony and Padfoot didn't visit but they sent an amulet that had some protection charms. It's made to look like a snitch and has a few yellow and white mini flowers all over. I wanna do something similar for this year's present but I want it to protect from most dangerous and harmful spells. I go to the library to see what I will need to make the amulet and how to do some of the charm work and spells.

It is now December 20th and I have made the chains, the actual amulets and Meemy has gotten the gems and I've attached them. I have also already added the charms and spells. Now I just need to have Meemy get some candies.

It is December 24th And I quickly pack up the amulets into white boxes that are made for necklaces and that have the respective colored ribbons. I quickly go down and put the presents under the tree, and then creep back upstairs.

3rd P.O.V

The year for the three boys had been similar to last year but now, young Riddle has shown his potential and has started collecting followers already, having Severus and Lucius as his right-hand men. Tom still had all top marks with Lucius and Severus alternating 2nd and 3rd between classes. They have all been reading books to try and understand what or who it is that sends them gifts each year but they can't find anything viable yet.

********December 25th

The boys were all waiting inside their dormitory for when their gifts will appear, when suddenly there is a bright light and 3 popping sounds that signify the gifts being delivered. When they look up they see 3 small boxes on one of the desks in the room. They walk over and grab their usual colors. "A necklace?" Can be heard from one of the boys, Tom looks at him like he's an idiot. "It's an amulet. It probably has some spells on it. Or it could just be for looks." "Should we trust it, or do you think it's dangerous?" Severus questions, "has this person or thing ever hurt us before? No, so I hardly believe that this is going to hurt us." "And anyway we should keep them on as much as possible in case the person who sent these sees them, or something like that." Tom finally states. The amulets in question were different for each person. Tom's of course is red, with intricate silver detailing when you look into the garnet gemstone you can see swirls of colors and their Slytherin house crest (when all of them grow up that will change to their family crest.) Severus' is black with a bird skull (plague doctor mask) and a border with black roses around the onyx gemstone, which also has swirls of grays and whites and also shows the Slytherin crest.) Lucius' is green with rose gold border and diamonds all around the jade gemstone his also swirls and also has the Slytherin crest. (Unbeknownst to all of them but their gemstones will turn black -white in Severus' case- when they have been near a poison, as well as a shade of blue when they are injured.)

The boys at the same time all put on their amulets and can feel themselves smiling because of the warm magical trace that they can feel radiating from them

The boys at the same time all put on their amulets and can feel themselves smiling because of the warm magical trace that they can feel radiating from them. They then open their second boxes and find a collection of different candies. "I've never seen or heard of candies like these" Lucius says holding a box of Sour Patch Kids. "I'm pretty sure these are a mix of wizarding candies and muggle ones" Severus adds helpfully. "So the person who sends these is either a pureblood who likes muggle stuff, a muggleborn, or a half- blood." Tom concludes, "that gives us a little more information about this person" The boys then decide that it's time to go to bed so they each take their candies and put them on their respective side tables, and slide into bed. After a few minutes you can hear three pairs of calm breathing with slight snoring.

(I'm sorry for taking so long and the chapter being short, but I think I'm going to go on hiatus for a bit. I have advanced classes and other priorities in my life that I'm afraid will suffer if I continue this. I also feel bad that chapters take so long to come out and are so mediocre. Please feel free to read my other book, but I just can't work on two at the same time and hope to still get quality chapters in both, and at this moment I have more ideas and desire to make my other book. This doesn't mean this one is discontinued but I just won't be posting any chapters for a while. I apologize for any inconvenience this causes.)