part 1- the fall

TRIGGER WARNING— EMU, NENE, EMUNENE, VERBAL ABUSE, HINTED DROWNING
Prince Emu walks through the halls of her castle, running her fingers on the walls.
"La.. la.. La!!!!"
Emu sings while skip-running happily.
She then runs into her brother, walking to the dining hall.
"Emu. You were supposed to go to the dining hall. Dad said NO leaving to go to the shops.." Emus 1st brother says, strictly.
"Yes..!!" Emu nods, her hands shake. She hears her brothers screaming all the time, but it's constant. Her brothers verbally abuse her half of the time.
Emu runs to the dining hall, and makes sure no one's there.
She then opens up the window.
"I gotta go..!!" Emu panics and jumps out of the window.
Once she gets out, she closes the window.
She leans on the outside wall, and she sees her brother walk into the dining hall while peaking into the window.
Her brother is confused, and opens all the windows and peaks through.
"EMU. I KNOW YOUR THERE YOU IDIOT."
Emu starts running, making it obvious she was there.
Emus brother yells, but Emu couldn't hear what he was saying.
She keeps running.
Her brother opens the window and runs to chase her.
Emu pants.
"S-STOP..!!!" Emu wails, running even faster.
"I'm not stopping. Wait until I tell dad about this, is he gonna be happy?" Her brother is getting closer.
"NO.. NO!! I DONT WANT YOU TO, PLEASE..!!" Emu keeps panicking, tears start falling down.
"IM. NOT. STOPPING." He runs even faster, immediately catching up to Emu.
"I'm sick of your silly ideals, Emu." He says, while kicking Emus leg.
Emu slowly backs off, backwards without looking.
*SPLASH*
Emu falls into the water.
She screams, bubbles come up to the surface.
Her brother glares at her, and walks away.
She sticks her hand up.
No one comes.
She by accident breathed through her nose, which clogged it up.
She kept breathing through her mouth, swallowing the salty sea water.
It was the end.
NENE POV
It was another peaceful day, no frights, just the sun sparkling on the crystal clear aquamarine water.
Nene was having a nice day, unlike usual. Other days she stays at the bottom of the sea floor, collecting shells and making puppets or robots out of them. Today she was swimming around, happily.
Her parents went somewhere far at sea, and she was finally free to adventure.
she would have to keep their headdress on all the time, not even taking it off when they sleep.
Luckily her parents weren't with her, so she didn't listen.
She swam far away from home, spinning around.
She then hit her head onto a pole.
"Huh? What is this.." Nene questioned
It was wooden, and went all the way to the surface, connecting to a boardwalk.
"Oh, I see." Nene then quickly realized that it was a boardwalk pole.
She then looks down and sees a pink blur, slowly falling down.
She thought it was some headband, but as she got closer she started seeing skin.
"what.. did a human dr-drown.."
"I need to save them.. they probably are innocent, do they deserve this...?" Nene swam quickly in panic.
She picks up Emus body, gulping.
"I gotta bring her to the cove.. she's still breathing.. but she won't for long.."
"I don't want her to die."
For some odd reason, even though Nene didn't know who this was, she felt a knot in her stomach.
The cove was a rock cave a quarter in the water, and the rest was not.
It's where Nene and her friends hanged out, but Nene doesn't know what happened to them.
Rui and Tsukasa were their names.
They haven't made contact in a month. The last thing she heard from them was screaming.. suffering.. stabbing.. she probably was considering what happened to them, but didn't want to accept it.
She arrived at the cove.
"Is my healing magic developed enough...?"
Mermaids practice healing magic at a certain age, and Nene has recently started it.
"It won't.. I'm sure.."
Nene closes her eyes and whispers a spell, and the touches Nenes hand.
A glow emits from Nene and Emus hand.
"D-does that mean it worked.." Nene wondered.
She waited a minute or so, but nothing happens.
Nothing at all.
Then suddenly, the pink haired girl, slowly opens her eyes.
They twitched, then fully opened.
Nene smiled.
The girl slowly lifted up her head, and then—
"HEY!!!! How are youuuu?? Wandahoii!!!"
"Oh, and where am i, i thought I fell into the water and uhh, that's all I remember, but thank you miss mermaid lady—"
The girls eyes shine brightly.
"WHAHHHHH!!! YOUR A MERMAIDDDDD!!!"
The girl starts waving her arms, in excitement.
"Yeah, i a-am, why??" Nene sits there.
"Everyone hunts your species, but your so prettyyyy!!!"
Nene slowly calmed down, and answered the cheery girl.
"Oh, really..? Anyways, I'm glad your ok.. want me to bring you to land..?" Nene politely asked.
"NOOO!! Oh— I'm sorryyy, I meant to say just no nicely miss mermaid lady!!"
The girl panics slightly.
"Oh, that's fine. You could call me Nene." She slightly smiles.
"And by the way, why are you wearing such fancy attire?" Nene whispers, so no one on land can hear.
"Oh, im a.. prince. But I hate my brothers, I don't wanna go back!!!!" Emu shakes her head.
"By the way, nice to meet you Nene!!! I'm Emu. Wandahoiiii!!!" Emu waves her arms up into the air.
"Hello.. Emu.." Nene says while yawning.
"You look reallyreally tired.. wanna sleep?" Emu says quickly.
"Uhh.. I'll sleep then. Just keep watch..." Nene says resting her head on the fined rocks and few inches of water.
Emu ends up falling asleep too.
They wake up abruptly.
Sounds of seagulls and rushing water filled Nenes head. The moonlight reflected on the sea.
"Nene San!! I'm so so sorry that I fell asleepppp...!!!!" Emu shakes her head and scrunches her face.
"Oh, it's alright. We ended up being safe anyways..." Nene chuckles and puts her head down, resting her eyes once again.
Emu smiles. Little did she know, a forbidden friendship has been formed.

🎉 You've finished reading [𝑫𝑰𝑺𝑪𝑶𝑵𝑻𝑰𝑵𝑼𝑬𝑫.] 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑷𝑹𝑰𝑵𝑪𝑬𝑺𝑺 𝑨𝑵𝑫 𝑴𝑬𝑹𝑴𝑨𝑰𝑫𝑺 "𝑻𝑨𝑰𝑳" ☆ 𝑬𝑴𝑼𝑵𝑬𝑵𝑬, 𝑷𝑱𝑺𝑲 🎉