Chap 15: Absolutely x Nothing x Happens

♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡

They filed back onto the airship to leave the egg-bountiful mountain, being led by the chairman. He chatted with their judge, Menchi, and seemed from what Y/N cared to notice, to be kind of perverted.. and just weird.
Well, it wasn't her problem.

The sky was now darkened, a brilliant scene of stars laying across its wake.
Y/N stared at them through a window as the chairman and the little bean from the start of the phase spoke to the 42 other contestants, introducing himself and explaining further matters.
Gon looked over to Y/N, who was wholly lost in the skyline, then nudged Killua, who followed his gaze.

"What? I'm trying to listen!"
"Isn't Y/N pretty cool?"
"No. Be quiet!"
Killua stomped lightly onto the floor under him, burying his hands further into his pocket and stubbornly turning his face again.

"I think she is."
Gon finished, grinning as the subject of his words seemed to zone back in and glance around.

"Eh? How long has he been talking?"
"Only a few minutes..."
"..."

♧                     ♢                     ♤                      ♡

When yet another of the constant assault of examiner speeches was over Killua turned to Gon.

"Let's go explore the airship, yeah?"
"Sure!"
They ran off, though Gon soon skidded to a stop when he realized Y/N wasn't following.

"Eh? Are you staying with them?"
His thumb motioned towards Kurapika and Leorio as his mouth began to form into a pout.

"Really? You won't join us?"
He tilted his head and his eyes began to glaze over as Killua, who was behind him, realized what he was doing and began to snicker.

"Gon that won't work!"
Killua placed his hand on the boy's shoulder, still letting out some sniggers, then stepped in beside him.

"We'll just have to explore on our own.. who knows what kind of potential danger we could fall upon.. with Hisoka wandering this ship.. but it's fine we can probably protect ourselves..."
Y/N rolled her eyes and nodded.

"You can."
Killua's brows furrowed as he called on his last resort; dragging Y/N with them.

"If you're going to be like that."
He pulled Gon and dropped him on one side of y/N while he stood on the other.
They looked to each other, nodded, and then in sync gripped their side and began to quickly wander away, each ignoring her annoyed gaze.

Y/N rolled her eyes again.
Little brats.

But she kept pace with the two as they forced them throughout the ship, chattering amongst themselves.
As they strolled through a hallway of the large ship Killua halted and nudged a door, peeking inside.

"As I thought! The kitchen!"
He dropped Y/Ns arm from his own and pushed the door further.

"You hungry Gon? I bet they cook real good on a ship like this!"
Gon enthusiastically shook his head, also letting go of his share of Y/N.

"Always! Y/N stay here we'll get you something!"
And despite her dislike of being ordered, Y/N felt something strange in the area and decided of her own volition, to stay.
And she was just a slight bit hungry.
Not her fault she didn't like the egg.

She watched the two 'sneak' in, both throwing themselves flat against the wall on the inside and walking slowly towards a table full of steaming foods.
The door swung closed as they heard them clattering about the kitchen, each, surely filling their hands to the brim.

They giggled in sequence, though their laughing halted very suddenly as a man's voice rang out.

"Hey! What are you doing here you're not staff!"
"Uh-oh! Take what you can hold Killua, let's go!" Gon whispered over the noise of the kitchen when the door swung open again.

"Let's start running Y/N!"
She sighed, but followed, as the boy hightailed it around the corner sitting himself down on a bench not far from where they were just reaping havoc.

"Gonn! Don't leave me behind! Not cool."
Killua walked towards them with his own batch of food, a small trail of dropped appetizers behind him.

"I got this for you Y/N."
With great difficulty, he presented her a comically large chicken leg, as though it were a bouquet, its smell wafting nicely through the air.
She would've almost laughed in the boy's face at its appearance if it weren't for his smug look at his incredible gift.

"Thank you.."
She chuckled in her head again and struggled to find an angle to bite said gift.

♧                     ♢                     ♤                      ♡

Y/N slumped on the bench, so much so that she was close to falling off. She was sleepy... But Gon and Killua just had to drag her here...
The aforementioned stood beside the bench, oblivious to her thoughts as they stared out the window and the city lights below them.

"So Killua.. what's up with your parents? Like do you have them?"
Killua chuckled at his way of asking then shook his head.

"They're alive.. probably."
Y/N's head quirked, though she was not interested enough to turn towards the two.
Abandoned maybe?

"What do they do?"
Gon continued.

"They're assassins."
Now Y/N's head had fully turned to the two, who didn't gaze back at her.

"They both are??"
Killua's eyes widened for a moment before he began to giggle.
He stood there for a moment, eyes beginning to water from how hard he was laughing.
Y/N didn't understand? It was a valid question.

"Mm. Killua?"
The boy halted to the best of his ability and immediately turned his eyes to his addressor.

"Yeah?"
"What's your last name again?"
"Ah.. Zoldyck."
"Thought so.. hm. A Zoldyck."
Killua watched as Y/N seemed to go into thought before looking back up again.

"I remember now. I think I've seen your mother once.. she seems..lovely."
"Haha! Don't even pretend! She's crazy!!"
Killua slapped the window as he began a fit of laughter again, Gon joining in a confused harmony.

Y/N felt a small smile creep up her face.

♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡