𝟎𝟎𝟕-𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐬

AFTER RUNNING FOR what seemed like hours, they have been lead to

AFTER RUNNING FOR what seemed like hours, they have been lead to...the cemetery? "Woah, woah, woah, woah! Come on! This is a graveyard!" Max exclaimed. Tatum stared with a confused expression, eyeing the cat.
     "It's hollowed ground. Witches can't set foot here." The cat explained. Wait...explained? Tatum's large brown eyes widened, whipping her head towards Max for answers. The girls stared him down as Max tried to find the right words. All the Dennison could mutter out was:
     "He talks." He smiled all dopey-like at Tatum. She sighed at the boy, shoving the creeping gate aside.
     "I'm not even surprised." Binx continued taking the lead, weaving under Tatum's legs while the siblings trailed behind.

_____

"Over here! I want to show you something," the cat lead. "give you an idea of exactly what we're dealing with." The cat stopped by a grave with a skull engraved into it. The cat hopped onto the grave swiftly. The weight of their dire situation began to really settle in, giving Tatum an odd pain in her stomach. She was angry at Max for lighting the candle. At the same time, she was mad at herself for letting him do it and fall into the trap of the Dennison's big, blue puppy eyes.
     "William Butcherson, lost soul?" Max read aloud with question.
     "Billy Butcherson was Winifred's lover, but he found sporting with her sister Sarah. So she poisoned him, and sewed his mouth shut with a full needle," the cat exclaimed watching the two girls scrunch up their faces. "so he couldn't tell her secrets even in death." Dani looked up to the teens who were equally as disgusted as her. "Winifred always was the jealous type." Tatum suddenly came to a realization. All the puzzle pieces fit too perfectly together.
     "Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait." Tatum interrupted. "you're, the Thackary Binx?" Tatum asked in amazement. All her life she wanted to meet the legend himself. Maybe not like this.
     "Yes" Binx answered quickly.
     "Holy sh-"
     "Well, come along. I want to show you something else." Thackary hopped off the stone, leading the small group once again. The Dennison boy and Stauder girl locked eyes once again.
     Tatum looked down at the Dennison's hand that was outstretched waiting for her. Tatum reluctantly took it, squeezing his hand.
     "I'm sorry." Max frowned. He didn't know how he would fix this. He's never felt so guilty before. Who wouldn't be? Tatum squeezed his hand back.
     "It's okay....I guess. You didn't know." Max looked up at the sympathetic face placed on the girl. Her face never looked like that. Her eyebrows were always scrunched up and she never had that glimmer in her eye. Tatum always kind of looked deadpan. Not tonight.
     "Thanks." Max choked. Tatum untied their hands.
     "Anytime, Dennison." she walked towards, catching up with Binx and Dani.