Chap 2: Adolescence.

Days, weeks, months, years, they all pass by so quickly. I soon turned 14, now an eighth grade student, i spent my boring days trying to study and find a hobby but it appears that nothing interested me. I sat in class, while the teacher was talking all i did was stare out the window thinking about my childhood, about what used to be my life. 

"Uggghh.." I sighed. Looking back at the board, i see knowledge, facts and formulas i would never use once during my adulthood. I didn't want to study, i wasted most of my childhood doing so anyway, i would be fine without school. 

"James! Are you taking notes?!" The teacher shouted, waking me up from my soon-to-be nap. I raised my head up, once again picking up the pen that i didn't know was laying on the floor due to my thoughts being on the cloud. 

I followed Mrs. Rachel's orders, writing down what was on the board. Despite writing.. i understood nothing she said, nothing i write down goes through my head. After about 5 minutes of trying to pay attention or at least faking that i am, i finally fell asleep just right when the bell rang. 

I spent the next periods asleep but none of the teachers seem to care or didn't notice i was asleep, possibly because i was sitting in the back and in front of me was Mario - tallest guy in the class, i never really knew how tall he was but i only stand to his shoulders. Mario was not much different than a curtain that makes my sleep easier during class to me. And he knew so as well, but Mario in fact was a fine guy from outside to inside, sometimes when i fall asleep during class Marion would switch position to cover me. 

My life went that way until one day, just as usual i spent my recess not talking with anyone, not playing any sports but just taking my nap like always. When suddenly my slumber was interrupted by someone throwing a paper ball at my head through the window. I was woken up, still sleepy but was annoyed by whoever threw it, i looked out the window only to find a group of girls giggling with eachother while giving me a scornful look. 

"What's so funny?" I asked, rubbing my eyes. 

"Oh! Nothing, it's just that you look like you need to be woken up. We pass by this class everyday and you're always sleeping." They looked at eachother and laughed more, at this point i knew what they wanted from me. 

'These people.. I'm not gonna give them the satisfaction of reacting.' I thought, closing the window. I wasn't the type that would mind being bothered by these people, the next few days went by as usual as i eventually forgot about these annoying girls and they didn't bother me anymore. But just as i thought that i was at peace, they came back interrupting my nap by straight up slamming the window open and pulling my hair against the window while i was asleep. 

"GOD DAMN IT!" I pulled back, stepping out of my seat and walking towards the door. Even though i didn't mind it at first i was not going to let some random girls disturb my sleep. As i walked outside, facing me were those girls, coming with them was a few guys. Usually people would retreat when they are outnumbered, but i wasn't going to stray just because i was on my own. 

"What's your problem?" I asked, narrowing my eyes as i stood there facing them. The kids walking by all left or backed up to watch from afar as they all knew there was about to be a fight or at least drama. 

"Like the other day, we just wanted to wake you up! You seem like you have lots of trouble sleeping at night so you sleep now, it might affect your grades you know?" They laughed with eachother, mocking me in a sort of passive-aggressive way. 

Even though i knew that hurting a girl or even trying to threaten one would make you a "coward" in people's eyes, i was a hothead at the time. And so i came to her and gave the girl a death stare, that's when her boyfriend stepped in towering over me. If i were to guess, the guy would be around 6'1 or so, and at the time i was only 5'8. He bumped onto me with his chest and spit the cigarette which was held between his teeth out. 

"Stay away from my girl, damn freak." He said, cracking his knuckles in an attempt to appear more intimidating. Only a small part would because he wants to scare me, but it was probably because he was trying to impress his girl. 

"And who started this?" I asked, rolling my eyes as i tilt my head to the side. Clearly annoyed by the gesture, the guy punched me in the face. 

"You little.." I grit my teeth and responded to his punch with a straight kick to his liver. Despite the difference between size, the guy was bulky and slow therefore making it easier for me to land hits on him. The fight went on for only a few more seconds as the teacher from across the hall approached us. Taking the moment when he was caught off guard, i bashed him in the face as blood gushed out from his nose. 

"I WILL COME BACK, YOU LITTLE BRAT! THIS ISN'T OVER!" He said, running away as i did the same to avoid any more troubles. 

That night, i came home with in a bad mood, not even Kyle made me feel any better. I laid on my best as the flashbacks of the fight still playing over and over in an annoyingly endless loop inside my mind. Even though i taught that guy a "lesson" that i wasn't an easy target, i felt troubled. Troubled because the feeling of hurting someone didn't feel good at all, it felt like you're expressing anger by losing yourself and causing violence. I turned my head to the side and eventually slept to clear my mind, knowing that alot more will happen to me sooner or later. 

END OF CHAP 2.