Chapter 1 - Getting Ready

Herb POV

I woke up around 7am to realize that it was just about to be 8am. I never really woke up this late, but because I stayed up till 2am venting to my plants about my problems to realize how tired I was. I dont really talk about my problems anymore with clover since I believe he doesn't really care anymore, I just usually vent to my plants nowadays.

Meanwhile as I was getting ready to go to work, clover was trying to get me to tell him why I keep on staying up all night. I just made up excuses, so that way I dont get a lecture on how he could try to help me with my problems than the plants. But what clover doesn't understand is that everytime I tell him my problems, he always comments his opinions. It just doesn't help and sometimes it makes me feel worse.

"Are you sure you're ok? You usually dont stay up for most of the night." Clover looked concerned when he told me. It makes me feel bad that I keep hiding things from him, but I always tell myself that "it's for the better". "I'm ok clover, you dont need to worry about me." Reassuring clover that I'm ok. "I know but every morning you look more and more tired as the day goes on." "Dont worry about me, besides I better get going before I'm late, bye."

At the very moment I was about to leave clover stops me. "Oh wait one more thing, do you maybe want to go to this new place after your shift is over." I was hesitant because all week he was trying to convince me to go to a bar that just opened up. "Clover we established this already, I really don't want to go to a bar." "I know but can you atleast give it a try, please!" I really didnt want to go, but everytime I reject his offer just makes me feel bad later. So I thought it through and I decided to give it try. "Alright, but just this once." Clover's face lit up and thanked me afterwards with excitement.

~Time skip~

Clover POV

It took a while for herb to get here because the walk for herb to go to work is a bit far. But after waiting for 15 minutes, he was back. I didnt realize till a bit later that I was rushing herb just to go to a bar.

"Come on herb, it's been 10 minutes." "I'm going as fast as I can Clover, besides it's not my fault that it takes me a while to come back home." "I know but I'm just way to excited." " I could tell, but if you was so excited than why do I have to come, you could've just asked one of the others." "I know but I wanted you to come with me and because I wanted to spend time with you."

For a split second I blushed a little. Herb noticed, "You could've told me that in the beginning, then I would've said yes." "I know but I just wanted to.. uh-.. Keep it a surprise from you." I wasnt good at keeping secrets from cookies, and herb could tell I was hiding something.

"Are you sure that's the reason?" I nodded hoping he just leaves it at that. "Ok, I'm ready let's get going." All herb was wearing was something casual and laid back. I never understand why it takes him so long to get ready.

I know it's a little short :< this is my first time ever doing something like this and its sorta stressing but fun at the same time.
I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and I wish you fellow reader a good day/night/morning/afternoon :D

Word count: 642