Chapter 1. Class

Author note:  Hi everyone, thank you for viewing my wattpad story. I'm writing this like a diary entry type shit like that but, I hope it doesn't get too confusing 😭 Also I'm sorry if it seems short. I'm new to writing so I'll try increase my words while writing. Will be posting new page every Monday OR Friday.

Pov: Lake
Tuesday 12:05PM

I fell asleep in my maths class, like I always do. I woke up with a detention note on my desk, again, and someone waiting for me to get out of their seat. My eyes were squinting but I saw it was Milo. I looked at him for a split seconds and he did the same. We were best friends in 5th grade to 8th. I don't know what happened, we just grew apart I guess.

I rushed to get out of my seat. I put my stuff in my bag and bolted to my English class. I felt Milo glance back at me a few times. It felt like it was with hatred or disappointment. I walked out of the classroom and ran through the hallway. I heard girls say "Hi Lake," while I walked, but all I kept thinking was how I missed Milo. A lot. It made me feel a bit blue. His brown hair, his weird laugh that made me laugh even more, his brown left eye and blue right eye. I really missed him. I felt guilty for some reason.

12:16PM
I found my English class and walked in. The door creaked while everyone stared at me. "Mr. Moore! Your 6 minutes late to class. Extra 45 minutes of detention!" Mrs Borris shouted.
"How do you know I already have deten-"
"Because Lake, every time you have a maths class, you get detention for sleeping."
"Riiiight." I rolled my eyes, looked at everyone while they stared at me and I walked to the open seat. When I did, all I could think of was why Milo and I weren't friends. We had a few arguments but, they were stupid fights like "you stole my pencil" or something like that. I do briefly remember this arguement that we had. I think it was the problem. Although I don't know what caused it.

"Mr. Moore, do you know the answer?" Mrs Borris said to me, knowing I wasn't paying the slightest bit of attention. Random girl taps me on the shoulder. Her eyes went wide on how excited she got. Made me feel a bit guilty. I grinned at her, but it was a slight grin.
"Uh, 4?" I said, clearly without a clue. I squinted my eyes, hoping it was right.
"Lake, this is English class." She scoffed and stared at me.
"Sorry, what was the question." I wanted to shout 'You dumb bitch, nobody fucking cares!' I didn't because I was already in too much trouble today.
"What matters most in a narrative?"
"I'm not sure."
"Lake, this is the easiest question I made for the assessment tomorrow," She said.
"What the fuck bruh" Someone said.
"You. 2 hours detention. Also sorry, reminder test tomorrow everybody." I didn't even give a fuck. I just stayed there in silence for the whole of the lesson. I would see Mrs Borris staring at me to see if I was paying attention. I really wasn't. It just looked liked I was.

12:59PM
*Bell rings*
I heard sighs of relief when the bell rang. "Saved by the bell," I said under my breathe. Yet Mrs Borris still heard me. Who the  hell would marry that bitch?
"Lake, I know this class is maybe 'boring' but, if you don't pass this class you're going have to repeat the 10th grade." She said seriously. I didn't really care but, the amount of bullying I would have is unbearable. I had bad grades but, I knew everything already. It was fine. I nodded at her and walked out of that stupid classroom. I sprinted to my locker to get money because I had to get to the cafeteria before the line was too long. I opened my locker in a split of a second. I slammed the locker door and I think I nearly slammed someone's head in the locker. I ran to the cafeteria but it was already a 20 student line. I was being someone that had a familiar head.
"Oh my god. This is going to take ages." They groaned. It was Milo. He turned back and moved back. He accidentally bumped into someone.
"Watch where your fucking going." The guy said.
"What the hell dude. Calm down it was an accident." I defended Milo.
"Its fine Lake. You don't need to-" He said to me but, he turned back the other way.
"I'm sorry. It was an accident." He said the bitchy guy. He guy scoffed and turned back.
I don't know what I did. I just wanted to defend him. I tap him on the shoulder
"Sorry if I struck a nerve there so something. I just wanted to defend you." I say.
"Well don't Lake. I didn't want your pity."
"Pity? I just wanted to help you."
"I didn't need help." He walks through the line. I don't know why he was pissed at me. I think it has to do something with us not being friends anymore. I just kept thinking why.

I got my food 5 minutes later and I still couldn't stop thinking about how and why he was mad at me. I walked up to Peter. My best friend and my closest friend. I wanted to talk to him in private but, we couldn't because there was too many people I haven't even spoken to sitting at my table.
"Bro, Pete. Do you know these people?"
"Umm maybe 2 of them. The one there is Brian, and a guy in my biology class. I forgot his name." Peter said.
I blanked out when I saw Milo in the corner out of my eye. I couldn't stop thinking about him. It was weird. I kept eating and just went with it.