Thinking Ahead

Yesterday we went to look at a university open day.
I know what you're gonna say.
Why are you looking so early?

I may have been at college for less then a month, but this time next year, I should know where I want to go. Those a year ahead are talking about personal statements, applications, references. It all sounds so overwhelming. If I were to leave it until next year to look, I think I'd be out of my mind with anxiety. In fact, I know.

Looking around these massive campuses, full of young adults partying and living the best life away from nagging mothers and fathers.
At university your parents aren't there to stop you from getting drunk. You can do what ever and they will never know.
That scares me slightly.

Don't get me wrong I can't wait to go party, but i don't want to drink alcohol. I want to have a good time but be able to get up the next day not throwing up with a banging headache.

I don't think I'm gonna fit in.
I may be lucky with how things are going right now, but if I go somewhere without these friends, am I going to be really lonely at uni?

I've bearly started college and I'm already having to worry about how I'm going to afford to live in a few years.

I can barely cook. I'm not gonna afford driving. I'm a bit of an introvert.
University life may not be for me.

How do people expect us to go forwards with this. It's so overwhelming and daunting to think about being miles away from home and comfort and not enjoying the life you've decided to follow. This seems like a downward spiral I do not want to be a part of; but do I have a choice?

Authors note
Hi everyone!
Times are becoming tougher for young people. No matter who you are university life can be tough, but it does have some positives, trust me.
I hope you guys are enjoying this story and find it relatable. Don't forget to comment and vote if you are enjoying it!
Bye for now♡